The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
The "flip out" - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: The "flip out" (/showthread.php?tid=44754)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: The "flip out" - wit - 03-10-2012

I have found that there is a HUGE difference between Jamaicans who have traveled or lived abroad & those that have never left the island....as far as their openness to accepting that it is OK to think differently & that no ONE way is the "right" way, but their are many different ways that can be "right" as well.

agreed!!!

Rastas and dreads meant turning your back on GOD. This is still true for many older people.
This is what I've known as well. Guess I"m old school.

Re: The "flip out" - wit - 03-10-2012

living in ja and staying for a short period of time on a holiday is two different worlds . . . like comparing apples and oranges . . .

that's the TRUTH Jitters

Re: The "flip out" - Debra - 03-10-2012

irie doctoro, profound words to live by imho. Excellent thinking pattern. I learn something new everyday!

I'd like to post some more on the comments, they are all meaningful. Errands have to be run and dinner cooked b4 I am blessed to be a part of such good sharing.

Peace, Love, Happiness ox Deb

Re: The "flip out" - suzengrace - 03-11-2012

This is one thing I admire about this board..though I first set foot in 83 its only been the past 4 years i've become more settled down...and I admire and look up to all the women that have gone thru the paces of settling down here..Spending time ther even long term-on a vacation is NOTHING like trying to get by here day -day....
I want to shout out to all the strong women out there who have helped me and will cont. t help me me to adapt in this environment..just reading about your exp. on their own has help me more than can ever thank.. I'm not a full time resident there-and wont be for awhile-still got to work in the states and long ways for retirement and added want to travel allover this great planet..But Jam still my 2nd home for now and thank you to all those out there for helping me now and in the future.. You know who you are and you rock(JJ,jitters,wit,Dr.O,etc)
\

Re: The "flip out" - oldtimer - 03-11-2012

This thread has changed greatly ,which is terrific,but I do have a question ,or should I say" hmmm", how many men do you know or heard of that made the transisition(sp)of a move to Jamaica (other than for work).If it was for love or lust then probably the financial responsibility of other people's children (baby Daddy's) would be there.Is it expected of the farrin women to pick up where "he" left off (or probably never started) paying support to the "other" baby mother? If so then it would be a farrin woman paying support to a local that is being supported by a farrin man.Kind of wierd eh !!! only in Jamaica...hehehe It kind of sounds like a Nigerian scam....hehehe

Re: The "flip out" - rastagirl777 - 03-11-2012

OT - I know as many men as women who have moved and live(d) in Jamaica for long periods of time. One of the first expats I met was a guy.

"but I am not deriving my living from the local economy, as others are. "
Nor am I and I love living there as well...even if "only" part time. I know people that are deriving their living from the local economy and no, its not easy. Some of my expat friends have had to go farrin to work for a few months just to supplement.

I too have learned a great deal about the culture, dealing with the day to day by living the day to day there, being involved with my community etc. Its almost like I've had two experiences with this country - as a visitor for short periods of time and for the last 10 years as a part-time resident...two different, completely different experiences.

Re: The "flip out" - ohliz - 03-14-2012

Just seeing if I can fix the layout here.

Re: The "flip out" - monk - 03-16-2012

I don't think i'd want to get rubbed out by some shithead crackhead over some chest puffing.

seems very anticlimactic when all is said and done.