The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Unique? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Unique? (/showthread.php?tid=100496)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Unique? - macyoder - 08-23-2014

Another beheading......a friend told me about this while chatting on the phone.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Two-year-old-boy-s-throat-slashed_17398907

RE: Unique? - Schuttzie - 08-23-2014

Oh no! A 2yr old little one? How incredibly sad! Onlookers at least were able to subdue this person. Prayers to that family~

RE: Unique? - Raine - 08-23-2014

Informational post, had a laugh at the not being able to go into the courthouse or hospital with a sleeveless top. BOAL for real eh

RE: Unique? - brihinds - 08-23-2014

Raine, they say it is because the armpit is associated with a very private part of the female anatomy. I don't know if this is a carry over from British tradition or strictly a Jamaican ting.

RE: Unique? - macyoder - 08-23-2014

There are so many little things that you can go forever without experiencing but when you do it's unforgettable.

I wanted to send a register letter back to the States but first I had to go to the tax office to get a tax ID number (TRN). Not all post office provide this service so I had to go into Ocho Rios. I had to open the envelope and show what I was sending.

This is only topped by how long it takes to bury the dead. As we speak, it has been a month since a family member (kinda family) passed. I guess you buy a burial package and get unlimited stay at the mortuary . This package was $200,000 JA. The same thing when my friend and daughter got killed, it was 5 weeks before the funeral, pretty sad too.

RE: Unique? - Winni - 08-25-2014

(08-23-2014, 12:20 AM)macyoder Wrote:  "There is not enough 'real' information out there, for women in particular"

Winni, you hit the nail on the head.

As for the sleeveless things: 1. I am still upset, 2. I am still upset, 3 . I am really sad. I traveled 19+ hours door to door to Jamaica. No, I don't have any summer clothes with sleeves because I live in the desert. My friend was in the hospital but I wasn't allowed to see her because I was wearing a cap sleeve top. The top I would generally wear to church or work . It was the last chance I had to see her because she passed .

On the door you could have a dancehall poster with a girl's V showing. On the radio a song about Jacqueline climbing an "ackee limb" . In the street every version of the claat there is, but you can't enter a hospital to visit a loved one with bare arms.

There seems to be no 'commen sense' when it comes to some of this stuff. You could look better than 9 outta 10 people visiting but no exceptions, is the policy.... Only thing I can think of , is the possibility that no commen sense is exactly why they have the rule. Lawd knows how some may show up, especially the 'ladies of the evening' that have probably showed up after 'work'...

RE: Unique? - Likkle Red - 08-25-2014

Back 10 years or so you had to check your cell phones before going up to the wards. They taped a number onto your phone and gave you the same number so you could claim when finished. Guess they did not want anyone calling out. Now you can have your cell phones and most patients also have theirs as well.

Still have to provide your loved one with sheets, pillows, drinks, medication and decent food as these essentials are not provided.....unless you want blood stained sheets. The conditions are terrible and the care is worse. I feel very sorry for anyone who has to go there to try and get well. The ER is even worse!

RE: Unique? - Westenders - 08-29-2014

Wow this thread went all over the place.

I thought long and hard about making this post and not sure if I have a clear point, or how people would respond,but it's just how I'm feeling..

My daughter was assaulted and robbed last week, by a local thug. She has been in the hospital most of this week, but doing better physically now. Emotionally time will tell.
Just like JA, informa fi ded operates here too, especially with the young ones. She will not make a statement to the police.

Our response? An eye for an eye!

RE: Unique? - brihinds - 08-29-2014

I am so very sorry to hear about your daughter Westenders. I pray she makes a good recovery. There are bad minds everywhere! I agree with the eye for an eye justice. Jah Bless.

RE: Unique? - Likkle Red - 08-29-2014

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I pray that she heals both mentally and physically. Eye for an eye....in this case you bet...no one messes with my babies!