The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Fundraiser - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Fundraiser (/showthread.php?tid=49454)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Fundraiser - mickey - 05-25-2012

unfortunately, i think the school supplies went to tekla's daughter....that's what sally told me...

i believe in karma also....

Re: Fundraiser - Pineapple - 05-25-2012

Still too sick to go into my dealings with Miss Bremer and don't want to waste my strengh on her right now. She's so not worth it. Only good thing that ever came out of my time knowing her was meeting Richie -- and she tried to stop that.

Okay - time to get back to get and let the meds do their work.

Re: Fundraiser - Sophie - 05-26-2012

Please, let's remember that not all Jamaicans have grown up poor. The person in question here did not grow in impoverished conditions. Even if they did let's not use poverty for an excuse for low morals or lack of character. I don't want to get into a "how poor were you" pissing contest but we didn't have indoor plumbing until I was around thirteen- then it only worked in the warm months-lol. We ate well enough because my father hunted rabbits, squirrels and such. By god nobody was allowed to beg, borrow or steal anything. Yes, I saw all the things and money that other people had but never lusted after them because they DID NOT BELONG TO ME!

I don't want to try to speak for Sally(come on back Sally) but I know she really trusted Tekla. Can we say it was a mistake to do so? Well yeah- but we have all made these sort of mistakes. We sometimes just do not realize the depth of the game being played, don't realize that the pieces of the game have been set up long before we came on the scene. So here we walk in mid game without knowing the rules~ would be like me trying to play chess with Bobby Fischer not knowing how to play or who the hell Bobby Fischer is.

Re: Fundraiser - HardRockMiner - 05-26-2012

Long time lurker here. Just registered,probably won't be posting alot. I don't know Sally personally but I have known of her work for years. I have eaten many meals at Montana's and would not of guessed Tekla capable of such a terrible thing. However they will never see one little silver dollar of mine ever again. One more business on my list of do not patronize.

Re: Fundraiser - oldtimer - 05-26-2012

Sally has my GREATEST !!!! "RESPECT". other rip off's. 1.the rotary club for ffCindy 2 Terry the wheelchair guy. 3. Selina's (the fund raiser there) 4.now Sally. The list grows !!!!!

Re: Fundraiser - rastagirl777 - 05-27-2012

Again, I've never been to one of Sally's fundraisers but it is my understanding that she has been doing them at Montana's for a while and up until now had no reason to distrust this Tekkla. Which I'm sure is why she is so dissapointed at the outcome of her latest efforts.

I wanted also to touch on what Rambo said - about making "friends" in Jamaica. I've read and heard too many times about tourists making friends, handing over their phone number "loaning" money etc....over here I'm preaching to the choir but on other boards it still happens all the time. I feel very blessed that I have ended up with some great and true Jamaican friends over the years but in that time there have been others wanting to friend me up for the simple fact that I had more (or they perceived that I had more) than they did.

In scanning my memory, even recent, these fundraisers that tourists organize often end up in drama of some sort - allegations of missapropriated funds etc. While it is such a kind and selfless thing to do, not to mention a daunting task to organize ANYTHING over there (I organized an event there once, never again) - there are plenty of opportunities these days to participate in ready-made fundraising events such as the Donkey Races in February or doing what I did this Christmas and helping out in the soup kitchen - the doesn't involve handing cash over. Its too bad, so many folks have so much to offer, so many people are willing to give. But in cases such as this it is once again a story of A Jamaican shooting themselves in the foot and hurting the entire community.

Re: Fundraiser - Angel - 05-27-2012

The name is in the profiles twice as : stlouissally and st louis sally maybe the password is for the one that is not being used. Well hope it gets resolved. St Louis Sally wishing you well hope you make it back here.

Re: Fundraiser - mickey - 05-27-2012

sally is now on the board again, but under the name 'sally'...she's good to go!

Re: Fundraiser - Flintstone - 05-27-2012

So disappointing to hear this about the fundraiser, it was our first time there, and we look forward to supporting the next one some place else. Montanna,s was a favorite of ours since we first went to Ja. 3 years ago.I always took them as good people and really would not expect this to happen... greed is a funny thing.I guess we need to find a new place to eat, I am going to miss the bannanna bread french toast (decadent) soo good.Really dont believe they needed to steal, it would seem they are doing alright for themselves...? Good work Sally you will find a new place.