The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Could You be the Problem? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Could You be the Problem? (/showthread.php?tid=46201)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Could You be the Problem? - wit - 03-30-2012

I persoanlly like the pigmentedly gifted because she can sit in the dark and scare the crap out of you for joke. I know I should stop doing:-)))))))))))))))

well said Doc. I concur with all you said.

Re: Could You be the Problem? - Marie - 03-30-2012

Bwoy doctoro you speak the truth, when I tell people how I grew up in Jamaica most don't believe me. They just refuse to believe not all Jamaicans are poor.

I hope to meet you someday, it may have to be in Runaway Bay, since I don't really go to Negril.

Wit I'll take you with me to the Blue Mountains you will love it.

Thank you Marie...I'd love that!

Re: Could You be the Problem? - Hibiscus876 - 03-31-2012

monk ~ wrote:
'
the glorification of poverty stricken living is something that grates me, someone mentioned that nobody chose how
they are born and that is the sad ass fact, but with that random luck of the draw many are born into a world of
shit created for them to remain exactly in that domain, exploited until kingdom come and when people tend to wax
on about 'real' this or that, I dunno, that kind of 'real' is what any sane person would be wanting to eradicate
and is why exploited people often seethe and simmer into revolution - to change and get change. '

Monk.....prophetic poetry

Re: Could You be the Problem? - Tim - 03-31-2012

So again...please tell me - what is "real living" in Jamaica?
Real living in Jamaica is when you don't have the option to leave when things get rough or tough......my opinion

and my opinion as well Tanya

Me too please.

Re: Could You be the Problem? - rastagirl777 - 04-01-2012

Macy - I like that "real living as opposed to "stuck" living" ... many in Jamaica cannot leave. Expats can. Certain Jamaicans can. I know two women that got visas this year to leave and they visited Canada - one for work and one for fun. Neither migrated but both enjoyed the travel experience, something so many do not get to do. And as we know, travel gains us all perspective.

My expat friends though really live "real" there and are free to go anytime they want. They just don't - some have hung in for 30 years. Some for 15 some for 10...and all are still there.

Truth is everyone's reality is different, I think that's been discussed to death.

BP - A-Effin-MEN!!!!

"BTW, I just did some quick research- do any of you realize that the percent of people living below poverty level in Jamaica is just slightly higher than those in the US? I am talking like less than 5 percent higher, at least the statistics I looked at today, and while admitting I did so quickly. "

VERY interesting, thank you for sharing.

Re: Could You be the Problem? - rastagirl777 - 04-02-2012

Doc, once again I love your words. The term "staycation" started popping up during the depression of 2008 when folks couldn't afford to travel away from home - so they started doing things AT HOME - in the San Francisco Bay Area for example, one would take time off of work and see the sites they normally do not - walk through Golden Gate Park, walk the Golden Gate Bridge, visit museums etc.

I do not call what I do in Jamaica a "staycation". Its a vacation from my norm, no doubt but what should I say so as not to "offend" anyone - a living/breathing vacation? One where I get to do the day to day AND enjoy some time off in a warm climate and beautiful environment? Cause when I'm at home in Bodega in a warm climate and beautiful environment work is always around me. I can compartmentalize that more easily there as it is my slow season and the computer is not "at the ready"

"I wonder if that applies to all to expats going to other countries from all over the world. "
It most certainly does. Positive or negative "immigrants" to other countries, no matter where they are are viewed differently than "natives". Heck, "immigrants" to California such as me are STILL after 27 years viewed differently! My mother has been living in the US for over 50 years. When she opens her mouth to speak she is a "foreigner".