The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
The "flip out" - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: The "flip out" (/showthread.php?tid=44754)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: The "flip out" - rastagirl777 - 03-07-2012

"mi no what de simpin""
huh?
I'm a "no thank you" person and will always be. Seems to work for me. In 30 years, throughout extended stays - I've never had a problem, not been yelled at, called names...nuthin! But I also walk like a New Yorker - like I "own" the street. Minding my own business.

I only get asked/solicited for stuff when I'm on the beach. I was with some visitors who had never been a couple of months ago so I made a game out of seeing how many times I said "no thanks" in the hour we walked.

Five.

Re: The "flip out" - rastagirl777 - 03-08-2012

"I worked as a school psychologist in Oakland, "
Oy! You rock girl Smile

Re: The "flip out" - wit - 03-08-2012

locs and not pigmentation challenged. Complete different world when you're white.

Re: The "flip out" - Pineapple - 03-08-2012

I usually don't have any issues when walking the beach. Sometimes I just smile and act as if I don't speak English, or I walk with ear buds in and act like I can't hear but I do smile, wave and keep walking.

Any issues I've had have been on the road or in town and then only when people grab me. As I've said before, I don't like it! On the road one time I was walking and a nasty dirty dread (I will not call him a Rasta) said something, I acknowledged him and kept walking. As he walked by he said something about "you don't give a Rasta any respect?" - I said "respect isn't given, it's earned". I turned to continue on my way and he grabbed my arm and turned me around. Lawd, I didn't know I knew so many "clots" --- He really didn't know what to do when this white woman went crazy on his ass. I yelled that he was not a Rasta - a Rasta would not grab a woman on the street. It got so crazy people were stopping in the street. Guess they wanted to know if the dread needed some protection from the crazy woman.

Re: The "flip out" - Rastapher - 03-09-2012

"no mon..... Everyting cris"...... "mi ungry...... Mi beg yuh 100?"......

Re: The "flip out" - VenusdeMilos - 03-09-2012

You get all this and worse in parts of London! Just walk like you are nuttier than they are and they will leave you alone. My younger brother adopted this tactic while living in San Francisco (playing Rugby :O long story) worked for him Smile

Re: The "flip out" - wit - 03-09-2012

There are pockets/communities of Jamaica that still see rastas as dat dutty head bway

absolutely...and in my experiences vastly frowned upon by some 'churches'.

Gee wit, I've been told being 'pigmentation challenged' is the preference here.

lol preference for WHAT? lol $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$????

Re: The "flip out" - VenusdeMilos - 03-09-2012

Exscuse Me! What the heck is Pigmentation Challenged? That's a new one on me. Really Im not trying to be a Smarty Pants...I honestly dont get it! Please.....x

Re: The "flip out" - wit - 03-09-2012

Doc...it is what it is...I speak from my experiences only Smile from 1978 to today!

Venus: pigment challenged is white.

Debra....HOT!!! Smile Smile

Re: The "flip out" *NM* - wit - 03-09-2012