The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Unique? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Unique? (/showthread.php?tid=100496)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Unique? - Westenders - 08-18-2014

I agree and relate with the sentiments expressed by Booger and brihands.
Indeed why I wrote my original post.

RE: Unique? - Sharleen - 08-18-2014

I'm kind of lost on this thread, it's in the middle of the night here, Westenders I always find your postings interesting.

RE: Unique? - Schuttzie - 08-18-2014

I really appreciate each posters opinions and hope we can all continue to be able to express ourselves and points of view. Some very well thought out posts in this thread and valid points made. Thank you!

I sincerely hope Jamaica can turn around and begin a new start in the future. Lots of work to be done. Too many Jamaican people suffering..it's heat breaking![/size]

RE: Unique? - Winni - 08-18-2014

Loved this thread!

Westie, have the same type of philosophy..

My next door neighbor that I grew up with came from Trinidad in the early 60's. She told me once that people from those islands used to refer to Jamaica as the 'jewal' of the carribbean. I don't think that claiming their Independance helped them much. I too, often wonder what would it be like now had they not.

RE: Unique? - macyoder - 08-18-2014

(08-17-2014, 05:36 PM)rootswoman Wrote:  Macy - this is what I love about you - just when i think your getting a little bit too opinionated (although I will stress what I always stress - all opinions are valid - they are your own opinions - I don't need to agree or neither does anyone else) you are willing to look at your opinions introspectively - go deeper and and grow.
Bravo my friend! This is a major revelation.

Ive been having my own revelations regarding my family lately and it has not been easy .

I totally agree with Socrates "The the 'unexamined life is not worth living"

although the examined life is often filled with pain.

That was sweet, thank you. With time, age, and going deeper I realize the Jamaica that I know and feel passionate about hardly exist. My friends/son think its funny because I am anti-weed. I grew up in a time when it was completely taboo. I still react omgosh, when I see it in the OPEN. When my son wanted to try dreads, my initial reaction was not over my dead body. Now, wish he had done that instead of the tatoo :-)

I have decided to post less on these boards because I need to learn about the new Jamaica. Darn, kids call adults by thier first name, not even mine is not allowed to do that:-). Jamaican men could be leading the way with vasectomies and I am still thinking they are having kids all over the place. I know the issue is a lot deeper.

Again thanks!

RE: Unique? - daniel - 08-18-2014

(08-17-2014, 08:46 PM)brihinds Wrote:  I truly love my Jamaican Family and have beautiful memories of my time spent with them. My heart cries for them during the difficult times.

our hearts all cry for jamaica, we care . I love my Jamaican mothers , as if they were my own .

RE: Unique? - Winni - 08-19-2014

Friend of mine just had her third child. She doesnt want anymore and when I asked her what she was gonna do to ensure she doesn't, she said she would go to the clinic and get the 3 month shot.

I said why don't you get your tubes tied and she stated she was terrified of maybe not waking up. When I explained to her that I had it done and what the procedure entails she felt a little better.

There is not enough 'real' information out there, for women in particular.

Even the cross walk on the beach road.... I was standing there, waiting to cross and had about 5 honks to tell me that they were driving through... Don't think they get the idea of stopping and that the pedestrian has the right of way. Of course, perhaps a sign 'give way to pedestrians' or something might help.Emo25

RE: Unique? - brihinds - 08-19-2014

Winni. When you go to Kingston be sure to wear neutral colors such as white. No orange or green for sure as they are associated with the different political parties. If you are going on official business wear or take along something to cover your shoulders. They wouldn't let me into the court house one time for being sleeveless. That is even a good rule of thumb when dealing with the Negril police.

I think you will really enjoy Kingston. It is a great vibe![/font]

RE: Unique? - Winni - 08-19-2014

(08-19-2014, 09:48 AM)brihinds Wrote:  Winni. When you go to Kingston be sure to wear neutral colors such as white. No orange or green for sure as they are associated with the different political parties. If you are going on official business wear or take along something to cover your shoulders. They wouldn't let me into the court house one time for being sleeveless. That is even a good rule of thumb when dealing with the Negril police.

I think you will really enjoy Kingston. It is a great vibe![/font]

I learned the 'sleeveless' shirt lesson the hard way one time (is there any other kind). Went to visit a friend in the Sav Hospital and was wearing a sleeveless shirt and a pair of shorts. The shirt I wear to work on occasion during the summer. No way was I getting in... A buddy had a shirt wrapped around his head and my guy gave me his shirt and took buddys... When I went back to the door guard and said 'is this better?' Her reply was, "not much" and let me through LOL!

Yeah, we were also going to Mobay but bus cab and Ricardo said what should I wear and I said well, u like green and he said he didn't want to wear at type of political party colors...

RE: Unique? - macyoder - 08-23-2014

"There is not enough 'real' information out there, for women in particular"

Winni, you hit the nail on the head.

As for the sleeveless things: 1. I am still upset, 2. I am still upset, 3 . I am really sad. I traveled 19+ hours door to door to Jamaica. No, I don't have any summer clothes with sleeves because I live in the desert. My friend was in the hospital but I wasn't allowed to see her because I was wearing a cap sleeve top. The top I would generally wear to church or work . It was the last chance I had to see her because she passed .

On the door you could have a dancehall poster with a girl's V showing. On the radio a song about Jacqueline climbing an "ackee limb" . In the street every version of the claat there is, but you can't enter a hospital to visit a loved one with bare arms.