The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
If you feed birds - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: If you feed birds (/showthread.php?tid=100248)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: If you feed birds - MoFromMonroe - 06-01-2014

Yes we have that same feeder. The squirrels knock it down sometimes. A few times it it has disappeared and we had to buy a new one.

RE: If you feed birds - kylake - 06-01-2014

Quote:MofromMonroe wrote: Yes we have that same feeder. The squirrels knock it down sometimes. A few times it it has disappeared and we had to buy a new one.
I use a piece of tie wire and wire the hanging loop to whatever it is hanging on. That (so far) prevents the coons pulling it down and dragging it away:-)

RE: If you feed birds - rootswoman - 06-01-2014

Thanks Kylake!

My mother had the same one, (it was usually my job to fill it) so I know they have been around a long time! (she has been gone for 30 years)

I am looking outside wondering where I will put it ? My mother had a freestanding pole that squirrels couldn't climb. I am realizing that all the places I have thought about putting a feeder will be an easy reach for squirrels and neighborhood cats (which there are many of )

If I recall correctly it is also pretty messy under a bird feeder so I may not want to have it hanging over the deck and once again it would be too easy for squirrels and cats (and that big ugly possum I often see in the evening) to get too

of course one would want a feeder near a good viewing window which is really limiting the possibilities....

hummm - well its a work in process - i think i would need some sort of pole

RE: If you feed birds - papamark - 06-02-2014

Finally saw the thief...a big ole racoon.   I would have rather had bats.  Now I will have to find yet another place to hang the feeder...or maybe give up on the hummingbird feeder altogether...

RE: If you feed birds - Schuttzie - 06-02-2014

Wow, a raccoon!  RW, I use a shephard's hook for our feeders which seem to work well.  We do have on in the front near our steps in view of our front window.  Sometimes a squirrel will try to get it by jumping from the railing, lol, or even climb the metal pole.  We then put vaseline on the pole and watch them climb and slide back down...pretty funny!