The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Pushed the button for number 24 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pushed the button for number 24 (/showthread.php?tid=100243)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - Angel - 05-02-2014

Pineapple sorry did not know Richie was kicked to the curb. Just that you would kid about Smokey and him. Will not say anymore. I still would like to hear about your trip.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - wendy - 05-02-2014

mofrommonroe....seems as though as you head/walk towards town the higglers are very active along with price of hotels generally are less money, walk towards Treehouse and up that direction you get a whole lotta different vibes along with the price increase of hotels

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - jitterbug - 05-02-2014

i spent two weeks on the beach, just enjoying all that the sea has to offer . . . on my last day, my girlfriend and i walked on the road to grand pineapple, my next place that i'm booked in. wanted to check it out as i booked it sight unseen . . . we are walking and minding our own business just talking and taking in the sights when this bike whizzed by us with two young things with dreads on it . . . they yelled something like "hey pretty ladies" and as soon as they could, did a u turn . . . stopped dead in front of us. we are looking at each other as they are babbling on . . . i kind of made a hand motion for them to move and immediately regretted it. the dark cloud came over these two young men and the change of happy go lucky to mean, nasty things . . . one of them said to me: "you, running we? this is our country and you can't run we and ra ra ra and on and on" . . . by this time, i'm almost in the middle of the road in traffic cause they kept moving in on us. my friend did not say a boo. . . . in broad daylight . . . i don't scare easily, but . . . .

the beach is a piece of cake for me as not very often do i get harassed . . .

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - Pineapple - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 06:52 PM)'rastagirl777' Wrote:  Would you guys ever consider staying on the cliffs?   

I've thought about the cliffs a few times. I love to snorkel and used to hang at Pickled Parrot a lot.  Sophie and Smokey aren't snokelers -- mostly "floaters".  Besides, I love the sand between my toes and not going to let riff-raff run me from the beach.  

I certainly don't mind the vendors who shout a hello from their stands / stores and ask you to come take a look. Most of the time, I will stop and check out what they have.   It's the crack heads who want to be your husband and grab your hand (or other body parts) that drive me crazy.  

Once walking street side I passed a drugged out dread who grabbed my arm and started shouting at me to show him respect.   He was saying that I should respect Rasta -- I got into a shouting match with him about him not being a rasta and he was not showing me respect by grabbing my arm.  I bumba'ed and rass'ed him at the top of my lungs.  That's the kind of shit I can do without.

But I'm not even going to put that in my head right now.  I'm going to see the beautiful sea, feel the sand between my toes, let the sun turn my skin a golden brown and breathe deep the salty sea air and relax.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - MoFromMonroe - 05-03-2014

I am always polite and will say hello or a simple no thanks but if I don't know you DO NOT TOUCH ME! I wouldn't accept it at home and will not accept it on vacation.

Yes I guess it's a little pricier the further up the beach you go but we go to Coco during "off" season and get a decent price from negrilonestop.com.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - rootswoman - 05-03-2014

LOL - I totally understand you guys.
You can't beat the prices in Negril for a beach vacation and it is a lovely beach with so much action to watch its like being at the movies.
I do hope they keep the jetskis away
and Ill keep my fingers crossed that no one tries to sell you Heroin as I fear what Sophie might do to that guy! He makes mushroom man look nice.

Sorry to hear no more Richie - you all seemed to have a good time for many years.

I hate when they try to grab your hand with filthy crack head paws - yuck!!
I too will be perfectly polite but DO NOT TOUCH or No More Mrs Nice Lady! Sudder!

Well now that I shook that memory off - I wish I could come with - I love the way you guys roll.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - jitterbug - 05-03-2014

i've done cliffs for 5 days and it was too long . . . i'm a beach girl . . . feels really isolated on the cliffs . . .

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - Sophie - 05-03-2014

rootswoman- Yes! You "get it"! I wish you could be there too!!

Yeah Jitters- no cliffs for me. As a non swimmer those cliffs would not be a comfortable place for me. Besides, again, the ONLY important part of a vaca for me is:: white sand, shallow, calm, clear water and beachfront rooms- oh and for a good price. I don't even want to walk one little block for my feet to hit the beach, and there is no need to in Negril since beachfront rooms are VERY reasonable, even a/i.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - oldtimer - 05-04-2014

I could be security for you guys. I go "turbo " in a nano second.The road is way worse than the beach.One time when I was working on the island I was sitting at DeBuss . Now I was in wicked good shape but did smoke a few cigs .We were sitting at a table and I had just past the cigs around and a local from a couple of tables over asked for a cig . I closed the pack and gentle tossed it over as I would do anywhere. He threw it back and said for me to carry it over with respect . I jumped up ,took about 6-8 strides (just enough to get to about 3/4 speed )and nailed him on the side of the head with my closed fist knocking him out for about 5 minutes. I and others thought I killed him. He was bleeding from his nose ,ear and mouth . It was scary for a few minutes. The cops came and I told them what happened and that was the end of that . The cops said "you brave mon " and I said "no mon I'm pissed off ". I NEVER !!!! had any problems along that stretch of beach again. Problem solved !!!

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - MoFromMonroe - 05-04-2014

I am also a beach girl. Stayed on the cliffs for 3 nights and after 1 I was ready to move. Had to keep walking to Canoe where I could get my feet in the sand. I am not a swimmer so no water for me on the cliffs. Way too quiet up there for me.