The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
River Overflow - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2014 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: River Overflow (/showthread.php?tid=71632)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: River Overflow - kaycee - 02-10-2014

Found this online. Old but believable.
http://rjrnewsonline.com/local/nepa-investigates-negril-river-pollution

Re: River Overflow - booger - 02-10-2014

Looks like I'll be packing my fecal field kit for my next reach. Anyone know of a good lab?

Re: River Overflow - bbel37 - 02-10-2014

Well TA has officially CLOSED the Water Condition topic.

Re: River Overflow - oldtimer - 02-11-2014

Swimming in "the river overflow " is like taking a dump and then washing your hands in the toilet to safe water . It is effluent . The rain just makes it so the backwash has no place to go when the screens are full after it goes through the "muffin grinder " and yes , that is the real name of the poop machine.The slurry goes through the screening process and then into holding ponds to clean itself .The sewage plant needs to be 4 times bigger but the morass would then become a giant cesspool. It's a great system but is way , way , way too small.
Sophie you are hilarious !!!!!! What a GREAT QUOTE " !!!!!
"And--- the LAST person/persons I would ever listen to about anything would be a Jamaican working on or near the beach. Whether they called it river water or shit water I would never listen to them. If I believed half the crap Jamaicans have said to me, well, I would be an idiot. Why would I be an idiot? Because I would believe I would get a yeast infection from hanging panties out to dry on a windy day. I would believe that Aloe could cure anything up to and including a broken neck. I would believe that eating potatoes makes your d*ck dead. I mean just ask some Jamaicans about anything, even if they have no clue they will pontificate till the cows come home."

Re: River Overflow - bbel37 - 02-11-2014

How long does this hang around? Will be there in 1 1/2 weeks staying at Negril Palms does it effect that area?

Re: River Overflow - kylake - 02-11-2014

Blues_Pirate wrote: @kylake, I was banned a few years ago

I did not know that Blues, btw jitter asked the question about swimming. The thread was still active when I checked this morning with some replies by naysayers and some with people calling it out as sewage. Time will tell if the thread gets removed or edited but it has informed a lot of people to the problem since I saw it had receive about 200 hits this morning.

Re: River Overflow - rootswoman - 02-11-2014

Van - are you here?
I would really love your 2 cents on this one.

Cup of tea anyone?

Re: River Overflow - rootswoman - 02-11-2014

I found this from July 2012

and this
Sewage pollution in Negril, Jamaica: effects on nutrition and ecology of coral reef macroalgae
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00343-011-0506-8

In this 2011 study it says that partially treated sewage is dumped in the river -
so has that changed?

and back in 2005
Negril reefs in serious trouble from sewage pollution, again
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/80206_Negril-reefs-in-serious-trouble-from-sewage-pollution--again

are how about these sewage ponds? I understand its an old article but has this really changed? http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20040307/news/news4.html

try putting that "tea" in your pipe and smoking it.

Re: River Overflow - kaycee - 02-11-2014

I don't get it. I posted a 2 year old article. I was told it was old. But "someone" else can post articles from 1997 & 2001 which are more reliable and "clears" everything up???

Re: River Overflow - DAWN - 02-11-2014

I don't understand why no articles can be found correcting the problem from 2012.

Why if this was worse than before why isn't some authority ie NEPT or NWC doing some damage control by testing the waters and producing some clean results?