The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew (/showthread.php?tid=68473)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - Pineapple - 09-07-2013

Just finished our first 12 hour day (that actually lasted 14 hours). To say we are tired is a total understatement. Just a couple of "mishaps", which I'll go into later. Just wanted you to know we lived through the first day and it is looking very fine!!!

I hear a shower and my bed calling. nite-nite

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - oldtimer - 09-07-2013

you guys are tough !!!!

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - Angel - 09-08-2013

PMS hope the 2nd day went better and shorter than 14 hours. I agree with Oldtimer you are tough.

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - mickey - 09-08-2013

OMG.....mi ol' body a hurt! 800mg ibuprofen is mi fren......

when that last window was painted last night, i ducked out! big up to the project manager, Sophie, and to Piney, who had everything prepped and ready to go when we got there.

fortunately, not one of us leaked..........

it's amazing we had time to consume ALL of the food we did....give thanks for pizza, gizzards, crag rangoon, cinnamon rolls and a 3 piece wing dinner!

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - oldtimer - 09-08-2013

Amen !!!!

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - Angel - 09-09-2013

Hello ladies, hope you managed to get everything done. Looking forward to pictures. Must be worn out and tired.

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - Sophie - 09-09-2013

Hey Angel- I think Pineapple is probably still too tired to type-lol

We got it finished. Friday I drove two hours down then worked for 14 hours. Put in 16 hours on Saturday, got to sleep between 2 and 3 in the morning. Got up Sunday, grabbed a shower and drove the two hours back home.

I was more than happy to do it for her and I would be more than happy to do it again~~~ a VERY LONG time from now-LOL

Hopefully P will post some pics soon.

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - oldtimer - 09-10-2013

The Three Amigo's !!!!!! GREAT !!!!! JOB !!!!!! ladies !!!!!

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - Pineapple - 09-10-2013

Think I'm finally recovered enough to post some photos. These first ones show what I'd done the week before Sophie came down on Friday and Mickey came after work (she even took off early just to join in the 'fun'). I knew this job would kill us if I didn't get some of the prep work done.

It took me weeks to select a color. I thought I was going "coffee" but when I got it on my wall, it looked like baby poop. The I tried a lighter shade - still BAD.

The green is the 'oops' paint I got at Lowes for $5 a gallon. Yep, decided on green.

Slapped some on the living room to see how it when with my decorations - yep, that's the one!

This is what I lived with for about a week - WHAT a mess.

Topiary is finally going to be gone. It was wonderful back in the '90s.

Hated seeing this go, but I'll include it in the new decor some way.

I did a couple of coats of tan to cover the faux finish and got all the woodwork and ceilings done in the hall and entry.

Baseboards in livingroom taped and covers over funture. Called in a favor from Old Dread and he came by on Thursday and painted the living and dining room ceilings.

Sophie showed up about 10am on Friday and we jumped into it. Decided to cut in everything in the living room first because I have such textured walls the brush strokes wouldn't show. Then I started rolling down low and Sophie took to the ladder and got everything I couldn't reach from the floor. We had a couple of walls done and were taking a break when Mickey showed up.

She scared the shit out of us. We were sitting out in the back yard and she opened the slidding door "What are you guys doing?". Note to self: lock the front door when you got out in the back yard, you never know what will come through your front door.

Here are photos of work in progress.

I wasn't sure how my four cats were going to take to all the commotion. I figured Amadeus would spend the time in the basement, Curry would be outside, Tallie sleeping -- but Meeka likes to be with everyone. She was very-very good for the first couple of hours. Then this happened.

She stepped in the roller pan, walked over the coffee table. I grabbed her to clean the green off her feet while Sophie wiped off the floor.

We get ready to start on the 2nd gallon of green when I hear Sophie yell "Pineapple - we have a problem". I go look and the 2nd gallon is a little darker color than the first. SHIT. That's what you get when you use 'oops' paint. How will we ever match it. Well we still have some of the original gallon, I put some on a stir stick, blew it dry with my hair drier, drove up to HomeDepot (covered in paint, mismatched clothes, bandana on my hair that was standing up every which way) and they matched it beautifully. Second coat on living room done!

It was finally time to order something to eat. I called Dominos (about three blocks from my house) at 7:48 they said it would be about 45 minutes but probably less. At 9:00pm I called, explained that we still hadn't gotten our order. Just by luck I'd gotten the GM on the phone. He had the order remade, sent over in about 20 minutes and it was free. I don't remember when Mickey left but Sophie and I didn't get to bed until 1:30am.

Sophie and I got up about 9 but we'd already decided we weren't going to start work until 10. Girls have to have some down time. Since we'd used so much of the 2nd can of green it was decided I should go get another gallon. This time I dressed more appropriately. I'd taken down all the numbers on the can that I thought I needed but of course, I didn't have what I needed. I needed to call home but of course my cell phone was dead. The lady at the paint counter let me use her phone. I called home, knowing Sophie and Mickey were hard at work and wouldn't know where the phones were hidden under all the mess. The answering machine picked up and I started giving them directions to where the phone would be and just kept talking until they found one. What I didn't realize, the phone they found, they couldn't figure out how to answer. I finally got the number I needed.

Got back to business and Sophie went to work on the entry and hall and Mickey hit the baseboard and window in the dining room while I started on the gold in there. We had so many rollers and paint brushes going it's amazing we didn't make a really big mess. Thank god I had so many plastic bags.

All the walls and woodwork were finished! Mickey called it a night -- I wanted to too but Sophie was not going to let that happen. She was determined that we were going to clean up and get the furniture back in place. So I took another 800 ibuprofen, rested with my leg elevated (my knee was all swollen) while Sophie had a smoke.

When I say clean - I mean vacuumed, dusted, scrubbed paint off floor, cleaned mirrors and windows. Moved all the furniture back in place and even put up some art work. This is what it looked like when she and I finally went to bed at 2:30am.

Sorry I still haven't taken any photos of the dining room. But I promise as soon as I get both rooms totally back together, I'll post more.

I really have to thank my crew. I never ever would have gotten this done without you. (But Sophie, would you please remember I'm 14 years older than you!)

I got Sophie to let me just paint around my huge china cabinet -- only if I promised to clean it out, move it, paint behind it in the next month. So my work is still not finished. Next project after that is painting my kitchen red. I've wanted this color scheme since I saw Sally's daughter's house. Green livingroom, gold diningroom and red kitchen.

Re: PMS Destruction and Construction Crew - Angel - 09-10-2013

Wow you really got alot done ladies and niceyour friend dread helped. It looks great.