The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
shooting in sav - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: shooting in sav (/showthread.php?tid=66587)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: shooting in sav - oldtimer - 06-05-2013

I don't have or own that kind of tech stuff BUT !!!! I would like to see a feature that if someone stole it you could call a secret number and it would explode in their pockets killing the thief . I hate thieves !!!!!

Re: shooting in sav - wit - 06-05-2013

Thanks RG Smile

Re: shooting in sav - RGondaRoad - 06-05-2013

OT with the IPhone you make a call and the thing is rendered useless to the thief.

On many boards and in many threads I've cautioned about bringing the fancy toys out and about in plain sight. I remember a few years ago hearing someone say that the leading latest/greatest rip offs that year were tourist's (and residents actually) Smart Phones. Give me my crappy C&W phone any day of the week, I have no need to Google something while sipping a cocktail at Canoe or where ever, lol.

Re: shooting in sav - Sundowner - 06-05-2013

Just got a vague update. Apparently there was the Sav shooting, one in Little London and another man shot in Redground - all within days/hours of each other.

The cops & robbers & victims situation seems to be getting worse, not better. Is there any hope for a peaceful life in this area of JA anymore? Even if you are staying out of the way, minding your own business, not flashing gadgets - that is no guarantee of your personal safety. I've never been one to worry, but it has me concerned for my next stay in Negril, quite honestly. I was robbed in a home invasion a couple of years ago and it's only gotten worse since then!

Re: shooting in sav - goldilocks - 06-05-2013

as Bob say " a hungry man is an angry man" and as long as the gap between haves and have nots continues to grow, these tragedies will continue. TV doesn't help because the youth think everything they see on TV is true; all the gangsta life and excess bling in videos, etc. They really expect that everyone is entitled to a fancy car, house, and phone. Sad and dangerous times we are in.

I couldn't agree more with your posts Sundowner and Goldilocks.

It's NOT getting better folks. We can sweep it all under the carpet, make excuses and turn a blind eye but it's their reality daily.

I deleted these words when I returned here cause I know my fan club (snicker) here would be all over me...but tough...I'm gonna say it! lol.

5 people per day every single day of every single month are killed in Jamaica. Safe country? Not. Bling and expensive things? Not necessarily. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time (RIP Alfred) YES. Chances are higher in Jamaica period. We stay off the roads and never go out in the dark. Sad but true.

Re: shooting in sav - suzengrace - 06-05-2013

The govt reminds me of the emperor Nero, who fiddled while Rome burned..,cuz thats what's happening in Jam-its burning down with violence..

You see some of the stuff going on in Kingston and other parishes lately ??(and am not talking the gang related areas/violence)

With the slow season going on in resort towns like Negril-I fear the crime rate will go up more-but i hope that am wrong...

ahh Jeannie you're so sweet! With a week vaca and two travel days leaving 5 real days, I'd bet they may only leave once..to the cliffs to Ricks.
My neighbours daughter is marrying in Jamaica this fall, no need to warn as the grooms grandparents are Jamaican and live there lol.

Re: shooting in sav - RGondaRoad - 06-07-2013

I know its not the same but in good ol' Richmond or Oakland CA 5 gun murders in a day is a good day, sigh.

STILL. In the communities surrounding the "quaint tourist town" of Negril - bam, bam, bam. And try as one might one day a tourist/non-resident/visitor will get caught in the cross-fire, like the guy from Kenosha just shopping in Sav (still not 100% sure he refused to give up the cell phone but that's what the article I read said...grain of salt).

Now, I go to Sav at least once every stay. I've walked Prince George Street end to end by myself - the worst thing that ever happened to me were a few racial slurs thrown my way but mostly no one pays attention to me and I don't do or say anything that would make them. (When I say "pay attention" I mean outwardly. I'm aware of the eyes around me always be it in Sav, Negril, New York or San Francisco, lol.)

The whole thing is just so friggin sad.

Re: shooting in sav - booger - 06-07-2013

Hey Rasta,
I used to work in Richmond, so I hear you on that one. And you gotta love the knucklehead over on TA who has it all figured out since she is "well traveled."