The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Lines at immagration - outrageous - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Lines at immagration - outrageous (/showthread.php?tid=65641)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - RGondaRoad - 04-25-2013

Wow, in all my years I don't think I've ever seen it like this...probably between delayed flights, heavy arrival day/time, not staffed because its "officially low season" and/or computer problems - I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is not an every day occurence!

As far as airline staff being woefully mis-informed about Jamaican immigration and customs - when the forms changed (became both immigration and customs on one form) I had a flight attendant insist that we only needed one form. I had to argue, beg, plead and cojole for another form because I knew for certain that we each needed an immigration form and could fill out one custom form (the back of an immigration form). I think it sucks that airline personnel are not trained in that manner but I was NOT going to let it go, knowing better. Besides - logic says each passenger needs an immigration form, no? Sometimes you get a flight attendant that's tired, having a bad day or just stubborn. Don't let it go - get as many forms as you need.

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - booger - 04-25-2013

Came in last night and had 1 guy in line in front of me. Could not believe it as I was expecting the worst. Out in 15 minutes.

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - suzengrace - 04-25-2013

OMG !!! I hate waiting in lines -and i've never seen it like that at the airport..
Thats crazy...I think alot depends on WHEN your flight comes in...(if alone or with lots of other carriers) Maybe not the best way to start your trip--but hey, you made it there safely and it is the "START" of your vacation....
Loking forward to more reporting from S and P ....

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - Pineapple - 04-25-2013

I wasn't complaining nor blaming anyone for the situation. It just was what it was. NEVER-Never have seen it like that. When I asked one of the ladies that was trying to keep the lines moving, what was going on- she said that two planes (our's was one of them) came in late and that just happened to be the busy time, busy day. I was actually impressed with how quickly they got us through. I was expecting HOURS and it was about an hour and a half to an hour and 15 minutes. Believe me the person at the immagration desk didn't ask me one question. Looked at passport, checked the computer and said "welcome to Jamaica - Next".

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - all+smiles - 04-25-2013

they should at least serve cocktails.

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - Pineapple - 04-25-2013

jitterbug wrote:

'
I had the same experience when I arrived on the 20th. '

When did you arrive Jitter? Because these photos were taken on the 20th around 2pm. I sure hope the entire day wasn't like this.

mickey wrote:

'
i'll be ya smokey was pissed!!!'

Not too bad, but wouldn't have blamed him since he'd been in the airport in STL without a smoking lounge, then an hour delay taking off, on to a 3 1/2 hour flight -- and then tack on almost two more hours in line.

I was actually amazed just how EVERYONE was taking it. Though we did see people who had taking advantage of the "special treatment" arrival --(or whatever they are calling it) just blow right past us. Some people were joking that our lines were so long because they wanted us to pay to use that service in the future.

RGondaRoad wrote:

'
woefully mis-informed about Jamaican immigration and customs '

We've been on many flight were the crew had no idea about the forms. Once Sophie and I had to ask the attendant "when are you giving out the forms?" They looked at us like we had four heads. When they finally got them, they were the old ones. But Frontier had a form on every seat before we boarded. Most of us had them completed before the took off.

Re: Lines at immagration - outrageous - RGondaRoad - 04-27-2013

For as long as I can remember I too change into my warm weather clothes in Miami (our typical layover city). Once I did the ride from MoBay to Negril in my long pants and I was utchy the whole way.