The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Fundraiser - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Fundraiser (/showthread.php?tid=49454)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Fundraiser - wendy - 05-23-2012

~ stlouissally ~ wrote:

'Wendy, Jamie and Cindyrella for going and collecting
donations for the raffle. '

i grabbed my 'ladies of the evening', crossed the blvd. and went from vendor to vendor chat'n em up.....telling them my story on the benefit that was being held and where the moneys were going to, inwhich a few of them replied...mychild/or neighbors child goes to that school. I didn't have to ask twice for a donation the vendor would bring us to their table and ask what should they donate with our replies 'anything of what you donate will be most appreciated'...
i could see it in their eyes and heart that they felt so proud to be able to help their community, in fact a few days after they would stop me as i walked to ask how the donations went and how much was raised. I had so many donations from the jamaican people themselves that i had to get a bag to carry it all in. DAMN....do i now tell them i have no idea where the money went ?? i feel TOTALLY embarrassed to actually face or ask those people AGAIN for any donations. I knew of the story but it was for sally and not me to let folks know exactly how things turned out at the Montana's..........................., not mine. pretty sad eh ??

Re: Fundraiser - Pineapple - 05-23-2012

Sally so sorry you've had to findout the hardway about some people. You have done nothing but try to help so many people (especially the children) in Jamaica. I was so hoping it would not come down to this but having had to sever my connection with these same people, I had a feeling it would happen in time.

Now you need to focus on your health.

Re: Fundraiser - DAWN - 05-23-2012

Greedy people suck!

I know much work and love you put into this..yours heart is good.

Re: Fundraiser - rastagirl777 - 05-23-2012

No good deed goes unpunished, huh? I've never been to one of your bashments Sally but have read about them - haven't you been doing this all the while at Montanas? I am SO SO sorry this happened to you and the other generous people who donated.

My suggestion is that if and/or when you decide to do this again, you hold the money and you take it to its intended place.

It just SUCKS that someone you trusted took advantage of your good nature. Blessings to you.

Re: Fundraiser - rootswoman - 05-23-2012

Breaks my heart. I know that you considered Tekkla a good friend Sally - you certainly don't deserve this. You not only had your yearly bashment, but a hell of a lot of business went to Montana's because of you - On our last trip, Montana's was a daily stop, because of your introduction to them. I imagine a lot of their business was because of your yearly bashment and people getting introduced to the place through you, or even through pictures and trip reports about your fundraisers. What a darn shame.

Im glad you posted over here Sally - dont be a stranger!

Re: Fundraiser - Yvonne - 05-24-2012

I'm so sorry to learn that this happened to you. You have a big heart & have put much effort into doing good for the children of Jamaica. So sad that this nonsense happened.

Now I'm curious... did you get the big bag of school supplies I left for you? I dropped them off about 3:30 that afternoon. Can't remember the name of the man I left them with. He was cleaning up & getting the place ready, said you would be there soon. Oh well... I hope they got to you & to the school.

Re: Fundraiser - Sophie - 05-24-2012

Yes, Debra--- like Wendy said---- I think she meant ummm, like when you said Karma is a b*tch-- she was posting like kind of a pop in the kisser--- NOT TO YOU!!!!

I am only trying to speak for her as she might not be on for a bit because she is sick. I was sick with bronchitis(maybe pneumonia) and now she has it- we are saying she caught it from me through Skype-LOL.

Re: Fundraiser - Sundowner - 05-24-2012

I'm so sorry to hear this happened. I have only had positive experiences at Montana's in the past, but I can say that after hearing this, I won't be going back.

Sally, kudos to you for not letting this stop you from holding the fundraisers elsewhere.

Re: Fundraiser - suzengrace - 05-25-2012

Now am curious- what happen to you gals Sophie and Pineapple???

Re: Fundraiser - suzengrace - 05-25-2012

Kind of sucks when you realize all you are is a walking Dollar Sign-and that this whole "friendship" is a ruse..I'm sure many of us learned this the hard way..I know I did..Yes, 2nd, 3rd time shame on me-Not anymore and not with one ounce of guilt either...live and learn..