The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
LONG TERM RENTAL IM HERE - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: LONG TERM RENTAL IM HERE (/showthread.php?tid=48489)

Pages: 1 2

Re: LONG TERM RENTAL IM HERE - oldtimer - 05-10-2012

I didn't really want it.I was working !!!! and most times my family was there.That did stop when the jobs became shorter and school became more stationary.Don't get me wrong ,I enjoyed lots of stuff but I'm only asking "why not take lots of trips RATHER !!!!! than make the resindency move". I said 'DON'T read too much into my statement". I said to each his own.I was just asking a general question.LR answered ,she must have known what I meant, Debra answered she must have known what I meant and Doc and I will talk about a TON !!!! of things next Feb.

Re: LONG TERM RENTAL IM HERE - rastagirl777 - 05-10-2012

Why would somebody apply for residency? Well, I can only speak to the people I know living there full time - heck of a lot easier to work and move around (and actually the work thing is NEW - used to be if you had residency you could NOT work) - and A LOT less expensive than the annual renewal of a work permit.

I could see it but I can't see myself applying for residency status until and if I decide I want to be there longer than 3 or 4 months.

Like Likkle Red, when I'm there I "live". Unlike Medi, where I "live" the rest of the year feels just as much like home as Jamaica does. I move from one soft spot to another and would be hard pressed to never live in Bodega again. If down the road though I decide to spend 6 months there and 6 months here I MIGHT apply just to avoid the trip to MoBay to get the Visa extended. But that's not such a big deal or expense so who knows. I'm on the fence, obviously, lol.

Medi: Life is too short NOT to follow your dream. Go for it girl, you happen to be a PERFECT "candidate" to live in Jamaica comfortably for as long as you like.

Re: LONG TERM RENTAL IM HERE - oldtimer - 05-11-2012

Good work Doc !!!!!

Re: LONG TERM RENTAL IM HERE - Tim - 05-11-2012

Nice post Doctoro.

Re: LONG TERM RENTAL IM HERE - aqui - 05-15-2012

..and because yu have told so many ppl so much detail about urself...yu would never know "who"" when it came crashing down..
not a good idea to put all ur business "out there"

just saying...

Re: LONG TERM RENTAL IM HERE - wit - 05-16-2012

I strongly suggest you ask your gf if she wants to stay in Jamaica before you marry her. Jamaica has nice weather for the most part (excluding hurricane season) but perhaps SHE will have a better life abroad. Best you find this out sooner than later. Good luck Smile