The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Regrets - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Regrets (/showthread.php?tid=47465)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Regrets - rootswoman - 04-21-2012

I'm not a fan of regrets. If I start counting the things I should/could regret I would get very depressed. I have enough areas where I am far too hard on myself. Ive decided that I will have no regrets about anything because everything I have done makes me the person I am today. I may have not have material riches but I have had a rich life and I know I can go to sleep at night knowing I have never deliberately hurt anyone. That would be something I would regret.

I regretted not having gone to design school - so a couple of years ago I went back to school. I have a lot of days regretting that I went back to school - but those are temporary and all stem from being too hard on myself.

I have thought about this a lot. I have followed a "No Regrets" philosophy for a long time. When I was young I would wake up many mornings and not want to get out of bed because Id be so burden with regrets. - it ate away at me - I decided I would never be able to live with myself if I held on to regrets - either do it or get off the pot and don't think back. We can do anything we put our mind to.

Jenny - I truly believe that some of us are not meant to have children because they are meant to be there for all the children (as well as grown ups and animals) who need them. Mothering is so all encompassing. It can be really hard to have anything left for other children.
As much as I love animals, they became second fiddle once a baby was in the house. I guess im trying to say that I think some women are meant to take one for the team. I know you would have been the most amazing mother but I believe you have made a huge impact spreading all that love you have to give. I don't think you have any idea what a positive force you truly are. Im not a person who feels real comfortable talking about God because I don't know what i believe - but the only expression that comes to my mind is "God had bigger plans for you"

Doctoro your teacher is ready - Ill be here waiting for the film clip "DoctorO Does the Crawl"

Re: Regrets - wit - 04-21-2012

I feel as RW does. Especially right now....I refuse to look back. What did Steven Tyler say the other day "To get to the other shore, you have to let go of this one".

I've learned from the past. I'm trying to move forward Smile

Re: Regrets - Aja - 04-21-2012

hmmm regrets .....I had to think about this ....Ive made mistakes...have we not All?
My biggest regret is that i ha ve lived in the usa for longer t han i planned to .....I wanted to leave here 12 years ago.....but then my first grandbaby came and I have been stuck here ever since .... I am on a plan to go back home now.....saving hard to go home.....I hAVE a 3/4 year plan IN ACTION and I cannot wait....As far as Africa goes I have been lucky enough to spend many months in the 70s in north Africa // Morrocco...and in the early 90s West Africa Gambia ....I Still.. given the chance want to visit East Africa Kenya... and South Africa and so many other places in the world .....

Re: Regrets - Debra - 04-22-2012

Thank You Jenny!!! It came from my heart!

I do have one regret, spending my retirement money to build up several houses at the paradise, and not being able to live out my retirement in a few of them. There is one that it would be possible, Mother's house on the hill. Too much feelings involed there so I probally never will.

Re: Regrets - wit - 04-22-2012

I don't 'feel' the jungle either Doc. It's not for me either.

Debra: I hear you. Here's what I did when I left the house I built. I built it knowing it may not end up in my hands in the end. Maybe that's the difference? I walked away knowing I elevated a family and future generations to come. Kinda like a massive habitat for humanity project. In the end, what can be replaced by money truly has no value. I hope you find peace. ox

Re: Regrets - rastagirl777 - 04-22-2012

"Jenny - I truly believe that some of us are not meant to have children because they are meant to be there for all the children (as well as grown ups and animals) who need them. Mothering is so all encompassing. It can be really hard to have anything left for other children."

(love button)

Thank you - I know this in my soul but it is wonderful to read it in black & white.

Re: Regrets - Angel - 04-22-2012

Medi I enjoy your stories and Doctoros too. So when you feel like writing we will be reading. Hey Doctoro is going to be learning to swim before we know it. And Doctoro at least you are wanting to learn and are not afraid of the water. Many people never learn or are afraid of the water. Doctoro know you will look good in your swimsuit so not to worry. We are all beautiful in our own way.

Re: Regrets - DAWN - 04-23-2012

How great that you have no regrets, I however do...Staying back from education and going to work for "one year" then put marriage over school. Then marriage was over and I was struggling to get by and no money for school.

Always wanted a dozen kids, ended up waiting to long and then chemo took that option away. I do like rw theory that those that are childless spread their love to all the kids around them.

Going to share my horoscope from yesterday:

How can you move beyond past mistakes when you won't let yourself forget them? The only person who is still beating you up over what you did is you -- so stop it! You are a wonderful person who isn't perfect, but then again, no one is. Holding yourself to a higher standard is not going to force you to rise to your expectations. It's only going to make you feel like you're not doing your best -- and you know that you are. So give yourself an emotional hug today.