The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
you get what you pay for - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: you get what you pay for (/showthread.php?tid=47395)

Pages: 1 2

Re: you get what you pay for - Angel - 04-22-2012

we will be waiting jitterbugs,good for you for speaking up. some people there are scamming for sure.

Re: you get what you pay for - rastagirl777 - 04-22-2012

I count my change all the time - a habit I picked up as a young person back in the days when cash registers didn't tell you how much change to make, lol.

I've caught a few mistakes in my time both in Jamaica and in the US. It happens.

But I've never had anyone give me attitude about it. I've had one waitress in Negril recently argue with me (us) about it until we pulled out the calculator. Then she was very apologetic.

Re: you get what you pay for - BrenJaLee - 04-23-2012

Not sure where you got the price of 17 mil US for those condos. Here's the website for the development - The Little Bay Country Club. If you click on the box for prices it brings up a whole grid of the pricing for the various size units ranging from US 135K - 700K.

http://www.propertiesjamaica.com/2011/03/exclusive-negril-gated-community-little-bay-country-club/

Re: you get what you pay for - Sharleen - 04-23-2012

"i have bought food for some peoples dogs in the hood...they sold it.".... now this doesn't surprise me at all, really SAD.

The dogs/cats in Negril are FAR more fed than when you go up in country... it is really heartbreaking, the really loyal to their owners dogs in a skeletal body. Just heartwrenching really and truly, I just want to CRY.

I only have two places on the beach that I go to -- one being the Treehouse because as early as the 1970's I used to hang at the Sands, which was located very near to there. I respect the way the Treehouse has given great respect to their long-time workers. And also the other place is in Bloody Bay. For many years I would totally avoid the 7-mile beach and hang out in Bloody Bay pre-Rui. So in these times I go to Office of Nature. I really and truly think that the JA government should have protected Bloody Bay as a "forever free" beach... the one and only in the Caribbean. Similar to how (as an example) parts of Cape Cod MA were designated as such.

Re: you get what you pay for - wit - 04-24-2012

I really and truly think that the JA government should have protected Bloody Bay as a "forever free" beach... the one and only in the Caribbean.

ITA Sharlene. Most of us here I believe feel the same way. If you saw BB pre RIU you'd have to feel that way I'd think. CRIMINAL those RIU's. grrrrrrrrrrr.

Jitters, how you describe SATP is how we feel about Catcha (minus the sand of course lol). It's a different world.

Re: you get what you pay for - rastagirl777 - 04-24-2012

I used to go to Bloody Bay all the time too before the RIUs were built and I was never harassed by anyone! It was the kind of beach where you found your nook, settled in and you can almost pretend you were the only ones there. Back then, you pretty much were. Now, this is pre-RIU, so that was in the mid-90's? Things in Negril were a bit more chill all around.

So once the RIUs broke ground we started to go to Little Bloody Bay more and more and did right up until they built that wall and tore it up. Jitters, those are definitely the condos you saw - the site has all artists renderings. Sad that the beach is gone but they will "put it back" lol, at least based on their illustrations. I just read someone bought one of the 3 bedroom point villas for 750K and that the price is now 950K. I guess you can pick one of the small studio condos on the road for 135K.

These days when I want sand I skip Long Bay and head out to Half Moon Beach. That's my go to beach these days.

Re: you get what you pay for - wit - 04-25-2012

"I'm doing my retirement while i still can"!!

me too Jitters. One of the reasons we booked cottage 1 at xtabi was to stay there before I am too old to do those stairs lol. In my previous field of work that's all I saw were people waiting to retire to live...then too screwed up to enjoy it. Not me, no money but I'm living like it's my last day Smile

Re: you get what you pay for - wit - 04-25-2012

ditto ^^^^