The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
I'm home by Sugar Lily - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: I'm home by Sugar Lily (/showthread.php?tid=45217)

Pages: 1 2 3

From Marley and Me.. - DAWN - 03-11-2012

"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. It was really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not. As I wrote that farewell column to Marley, I realized it was all right there in front of us, if only we opened our eyes. Sometimes it took a dog with bad breath, worse manners, and pure intentions to help us see."

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - DAWN - 03-13-2012

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - wit - 03-13-2012

adorable!

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - DAWN - 03-13-2012

I'm crabby...had a whole long Sugar Lily story and some how lost it...

Tilly and Lily had a run in today. Tilly got scared off her cage on the ground where Lily was sniffing for treats. With the flapping of all those pretty feathers she couldn't contain herself and pounced toward the bird. Tilly had her wings down and screaching and got Lily to back up when I finally got to the bird. Whew..

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - DAWN - 03-16-2012

Things have been going pretty well here even with 4 girls/ladies living up in here. Going to give you a little update on all of us.

Mom
She has nicknamed me Baby Tyson as I tried to bite her ear off. Then I scared Tilly and she took another chunk out. Her whistle is so sweet I always stop what I am doing and run to her. I love when she has the big slippers on, but the flip flops lately are nice too. My teeth are just coming in and I know they are sharp but it sure feels good to wrap them around everything I encounter. Mom likes to take pictures, specially when I am sleeping cuz otherwise I move too fast. Sadly I am always to tired to smile for the camera. Mom says she is crate training me, I’m don’t like it one bit. Yesterday I put all my paws out as far as I could reach so then she couldn’t stick me in there. That worked until she tickled my tummy and I gave up. She also found my SPOT as she was rubbing my belly, I had to stop biting to just enjoy it. Mom’s ears, nose, fingers and toes are all really tasty and her slippers are like allee allee infree.

Windy
I just love to watch her and snuggle her when she lets me, not often. She often calls me grasshopper and I can’t wait to learn all the cool things she knows. We pee alike and both fall over when we shake our heads. When I walk behind her I can’t resist the tail flapping back and forth. Most of the times she lets me but sometimes she will bark really loud and scare me for a couple minutes, till I forget again that she doesn’t like that. When I remember I arch my back a little and tippy toe up to her. We each have our own dish but I really love her big dog food.

Tilly
That bird is the coolest thing! She has all these pretty feathers. Sometimes if I am crying and no one else will listen, she will ask me “what’s the matter” or ask me to “come here”. I usually do as there has been some good snacky stuff under her cage. Once I came up too quick and she flew off the cage to the ground, with all those feathers flapping I went bounding to go check her out. I was 5 feet away from her and she leaned forward putting her wings back and gave a blood curdling screech, so I stayed where I was until Mom picked her up and put her back on her cage. She seems to always at least have one eye on me where ever I am. She can mimic my kennel cry, my whine and Windy’s woof woof. There is a little cubby area next to her cage that I have pooped in a couple of times. So far Tilly has not ratted me out, Mom found it on her own.

I found a mirror the other day, oh boy do I look cute! A while back I found my shadow outside when I was out to go potty. I chased it 3/4 of the way across the lawn before I looked up and lost it. There are a couple steps to go in or outside. Sometimes I am so excited to go in that I pounce, a few times I have missed the step with my paws and landed on my chin. Ouch. I have these things called nap jerks. Seems like when I dream, I really act them out. Sometimes if I score and find a nice big toy, I do my Clydesdale March with it. I think it looks extra cute.

I went to get some MORE shots this week and met up with my old litter mates. What great fun, everyone was there. I hate to brag but I think I was the most active one there, trying to rumble with them. Mom wasn’t there so I didn’t get any more of that sweet milk, its all good thou mostly I just miss the motion of nursing.

I met a couple of neighbor kids the other day. Oh what fun we had. Johnny ran around the house two times with me running behind him. His little sister was a lot slower and easier to catch. She got scared when I jumped on her but had big smiles as soon and Johnny and I would run again! I wish Mom would have had a camera then. Johnny asked Mom “why does she like me”..well ain’t it obvious? Puppies love little boys, specially when they take time out to play.

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - Angel - 03-17-2012

Sugar Lily you tell great stories, looking forward to more of you growing up.

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - DAWN - 03-23-2012

Woo weee it’s been a crazy few days. I get to go to work a few hours a couple days a week with Mom. The gals next door at work really love me. I get lots of snuggles and some tasty carrot and apple treats. Even thou the UPS guy has been making fun of my name, he hooked me up with a tasty little treat too. The first day I heard Mom’s boss asking what that pile of fur was? I sucked him in to petting me thou and he even let me sink my teeth into his hand before he pulled it back. I had a little barking jag going the other day and Mom put me outside in the kennel to cry. I know they could still hear me as I cried LOUD! Didn’t work thou..she came and got me when she was good and ready.

Outside is so fun when I am loose. It’s great to be able to go potty outside but sometimes I forget and just drop where ever I am and GO! I have this silly habit of turning around about 10x before I decide on the perfect place to go. Mostly I like to chew things, find sticks and bring them to the door. The are always 2 or 3x the size of me. It makes me feel tough. There is a couple of maple trees in the front yard. They have big rocks surrounding them but it doesn’t prevent me from chewing on the bark. The little buds are pretty tasty too.

Those buds we all carry inside so Mom is sweeping all the time. THE BROOM..almost as lovely as those leather slippers. We go back and forth and usually end up sneezing but it’s worth it.

Mom is telling people that my name Sugar is a misnomer. She has been scolding me for biting lately but it just makes me come back harder. She puts her fingers around my mouth and nose and pushes my lips inside so I bite myself instead of her. I don’t get quite the bite I am looking for then.

Mom and I ran to work and grocery store today as we have two little boys coming to spend the night. She spotted my two litter mates and Mom outside at their house. We stopped in and boy oh boy do I miss those guys. I’m quite a bit smaller than my brother but my sister and I are about the same weight. I still think I’m the prettiest, specially with the hot pink name tag my Momma got me. So my mates and I romped around, wrestled, growled at each other and I sunk my teeth into my siblings. They sunk back! OUCH! Birth Mom was looking good but I didn’t get to check out the milk bags. Seems the other two have been chewing on her pretty good.

I am hearing all kinds of things, Mom says I got 20/20 hearing. Whether it’s the birds outside, the bird inside or any noise going on around me. I use to sleep right thru them, now I am a light sleeper.

That’s all for now, I should get a nap in before the kids get here.!

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - Susantherese - 03-23-2012

Love this!

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - Sophie - 03-23-2012

Ahhhhhhhh geezzzzzzz, that FACE! I just want to eat her up. I have tried hard to stay away from this thread~ makes me want a puppy, but NO NO NO I remember too well all the work and bites~~ but, but, but.....NO NO NO!

Re: I'm home by Sugar Lily - Jenny - 03-23-2012

Oh, Sugar Lily - I missed your post when you first made it! I'm so glad to see that you have your wonderful new home! You know, you'll get used to the big dog soon! In the meantime, enjoy yourself & tucker yourself out good! LOL