The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
We are back - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: We are back (/showthread.php?tid=41601)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: We are back - jabailey - 01-20-2012

Nice

Re: We are back - R00TS - 01-20-2012

I was excited to see you guys started sharing pics!
Looks lke you stayed at the Avalon..cool
we toured the property and was given 100.us and a golf cart for 2 days for our time. you sure dont get that on the rock lol

heres where we stayed on hildago at
El Bucanaroes 65us per night

you can see our balcony above

Wasnt the food on isla exceptional?

Re: We are back - wit - 01-20-2012

yay photo's! Beautiful scenery (and ladies of course lol). Thanks. Looks lovely!!!

Yes, great food! True international cuisine, and of course the small taco stands as well. I had an exceptional carbonara with onion and lots of bacon, with a peppery olive oil... I didn't get a chance to try the Mediterranian place, but the menu looked wonderful. Went south and had BBQ ribs with potato salad and a pasta thing at the Soggy Peso; pretty tasty! Had very good Italian at Rolandi's.

Re: We are back - Yamangurl - 01-20-2012

Glad you all had a wonderful trip. Dread, everyone has really missed your images!

Re: We are back - rootswoman - 01-20-2012

I can't say enough good about Isla Mujeres

Tammy - BOOK PACK and GO - I would not steer you wrong - it is truly heaven on earth.

Yes - we were at the Avalon - in the villas - don't stay in the tower if you go to the Avalon - do stay in the villas -

The food is to die for . The worst part of the trip was knowing we couldn't try every restaurant - I was in Mexico for eight days and didn't once eat rice and beans.

We had great fun with Jabaily and Bobo - Bobo certainly knows how to handle a golf cart! We were lucky enough to tour around the island with Bobo as out guide.

Ive never been to a more relaxing place.
The top ten things things that really impressed me were:

1. Everything was so clean. The streets, the alleys, the beaches, the bathrooms - everywhere i looked it was clean.

2. No begging - only two people held out their hands the entire trip and they were clearly disabled.

3. One only needs to say NO once and its OK to smile and say no thankyou!

4. No poverty on the island

5. The people there LOVE animals. I never saw anything like it. All the cats and dogs were well cared for - on the cold days the dogs all had on little coats and sweaters.

6. SAFETY - one can really relax - I have never felt so safe in a foreign country as i felt on the island.

7. The food - i cant say enough -

8. The Xpat community is the most interesting bunch of folks - very intelligent, conscious and worldly people

9. The tourists - great people - not your standard tourist -good "quality" people who dont come to the island seeking drugs and sex

10. The beaches - the color of the water - the powder white sand - pure bliss....

Re: We are back - wit - 01-20-2012

so RW....in summary NOTHING like Jamaica

Re: We are back - rootswoman - 01-20-2012

wit - the polar opposite! if you go you will know...

we cant wait to go back - ja is going on the back burner for awhile....

im downloading some photos - i have to go work for a few hours and ill try and share some later

Re: We are back - rastagirl777 - 01-20-2012

Wow..so different from my trip there in '87! Back then the only food available was Mexican but it was certainly good. Looks lovely, even with the build up it seems they have it under control so it remains quaint and peaceful.

I met a couple of expats when I was there - weren't too many at that time. One guy worked on oil rigs. Since his job was a couple of months on and a couple of months off and he lived in Texas he found it VERY easy to spend his off time there.

Glad you had a nice time!

A few more. One of the things I liked was the climate. Mid 80's day, upper 60's night, so we didn't use our AC, and kept the patio door OPEN for the sound of the sea at night.