The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back From A Quickie - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Back From A Quickie (/showthread.php?tid=40881)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Back From A Quickie - Sophie - 01-10-2012

You are getting very warm...... and NOT all!!! Must be a regional thing....

Re: Back From A Quickie - Sophie - 01-10-2012

Jenny is correct- good and bad in all people. The a$$ guy was from the good old USofA----- certainly made alla we americans look BAD. The Italians seemed fine to me. Only SOME of the French were rude~~ hopefully the one guy with the bruised shoulder will have better manners in the future. Maybe what we consider rude is not to them? Maybe they do not get in line for a buffet? Maybe they just jump in and out willy nilly and that is the way it is done? Oh hell, nevermind, I am tired of making excuses for bad manners from any nationality. Yep, let's not group them by nationality, let's just group people by a$$holes and non a$$holes. Used to be that some Jamaicans would just butt in front like we were invisible but we put a stop to that too. Not ALL Jamaicans, just some. Just like not ALL Americans, not ALL French, not ALL whoever.

Re: Back From A Quickie - Debra - 01-10-2012

~ Sophie ~ wrote:

'First time in years I
have come home feeling rested- usually we are up and down and all over the place. This time we just layed '

Sophie I am glad you came back relaxed.....feeling rested.....nice you found a good a/i.

I used to come home relaxed, back yearssssssss agooooooo.

I used to say to myself, everytime I get off the plane and go to my yard, I would have work to do. I had to work everyday, and I only got rest at night. Living and vaca are so different in JA.

I enjoy your writing style, thanks for sharing your quikie!

Re: Back From A Quickie - VenusdeMilos - 01-11-2012

What is rude in one country may well be perfectly acceptable in another.

The Greeks for eg cannot not form an orderly cue for anything, they would still rush to be lined up by the Gustapo. If ever there is a boat or plane boarding they really piss me off bc they run and huddle up like cattle round the boarding gate and Im left standing at the back like a lemon bc Im English and I cue. Spot the sucker!

No one means to be rude its just their way. Italians are snobby and the height of bad taste. The French well they have to excel at something. Germans are boring and of course us Brits depending on our class are either drunken hooligans or eccentric, or in my family both, mad drunk hooligans the lot of them Smile The Yanks are loud and vulgar :O

There are stereo types and there are cultural differences but it doesnt make one better than the other. Many of these little misunderstandings would cause rows between my husband and I early on in our relationship. You need to be flexible especially when travelling.

A Hole is a universal human infliction. Closely related to Neanderthal.

Peace on Earth! x x

Re: Back From A Quickie - Yamangurl - 01-11-2012

Sophie you are making me LOL, as I can totally relate to some of your experiences and wanting to throttle folks sometimes.
I don't know if it is where I happen to be staying, but I have never seen so many Italians in my life here in Negril. Some friendly, some not so much.

One day a bus load of tourists from another country (which will remain un-named, not Italy) came to the hotel to use the beach and restaurant. They were SO rude and obnoxious!!!! I got up from my beach lounger to go to my room for a moment and when I returned they had placed their lounge chairs on either side, front and back of my lounger, I felt like I was in a can of sardines! I mean I have no problem with that but not when it is 12" away from mine. Groups of them would stand around talking and shouting over me to the rest of their group across the beach, as well as being rude to the hotel security guy. One of them tried to skip out on paying one of the jet ski guys so there was a bit of heated patois going on with their tour guide. They basically disrupted the good vibe everyone else was into. Blowing their stinky cigarette smoke wherever they pleased, including at me. I actually had to move my lounger to the next property over. Ah well, such is a vacation sometimes.

Sophie, I knew you had mi back. Jenny, yay is right!

Re: Back From A Quickie - Sophie - 01-11-2012

Sorry we missed you too Red. I did leave a message on your phone using Pineapples phone(why do I even have a phone when I always leave it in the room?). Maybe she didn't have the correct numba for you? No biggie- catch ya on the next reach.

Re: Back From A Quickie - Sophie - 01-11-2012

Geez Bozz- What an a$$ he was!
I, unlike you, would hit another person for a multitude of reasons--------although since he was so big I mighta just cussed him bad!

Re: Back From A Quickie - wit - 01-12-2012

welcome back Sophie and Jitters. I hear you lol.

We really enjoy our a/i in adults only. What a difference. However, I'm not giving up my Negril stay either....gotta get me some Catcha at least once a year Smile

Re: Back From A Quickie - Sophie - 01-12-2012

Now see here lady- get your mind outta the gutter-- we all know I am a proper lady and would never discuss such things

Re: Back From A Quickie - Sophie - 01-12-2012

Hey Wendy and Pineapple---pttttttttttt!!!!!