The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico (/showthread.php?tid=40559)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - rootswoman - 01-06-2012

Suzanne - you are not alone!

I just pushed the button for Isla Mujeres !

While Dread has been to Mexico many many times I have only been to Tijuana for a day trip. This was a total last minute surprise!

We are going to join Jabailey! I can't tell you how excited I am!

Anyone else want to jump on a last minute flight? Prices are good at the moment!

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - rootswoman - 01-06-2012

next week - we are going on Tuesday the tenth for eight nights.
Come on down!

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - suzengrace - 01-07-2012

Oh and BTW;

OT...
I'm hoping to check your area out in the future..I have a good friend whos family is from Peggy's cove..So you just may have a board member knocking on your door one day...

Captain:
I think I can speak for the others on this board..We'd love to hear some of the stories you so briefly mentioned above...Sounds like you need to write a book. Hoping you start a thread of some of your adventures...

Actually, I think both of you need to write a book about your lives and adventures..(the old men and the sea : Da real stories !!! LOL)

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - wit - 01-07-2012

suzen....good on you girl!!!!! very exciting to go to new places.

Capt...you have the greatest stories, thanks for sharing!

RW, Dread and Jabailey...whoo hoo and congrats!

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - Tim - 01-07-2012

I'm now officially booked on a trip to Puerto Rico. First class tickets on Delta to San Juan from MSP since my air miles are getting me to Minneapolis for next to nothing. Thanks to many on this site, I won a hotel stay on skyauction, will be staying for $50/night lol.
I have 2 days of tarpon fishing booked and it turns out the "world's best 10K race" is on while I'm in San Juan so I registered for that too!
Yes, Jamaica is great, but there's so much more in the world to see.

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - LJT - 01-08-2012

I love Mexico ! Especially Cozumel !!
We havnt been in about 4 years. Hubby won't let me go anymore Sad
But we used to rent scooters n ride all over the island
And stop at the many little bars along the way.
They even had a raggae bar!!
Love the food !! Water was ok never made me sick ..
Cancun was way to busy ... But loved Playa del Carmen Too!!

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - skyjuice - 01-08-2012

the crime is "different" Very true.

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - wit - 01-08-2012

not to be a downer, but please be carefull...in the past 2 weeks there have been 3 canadians murdered in mx...seems the new president is too involved in tings!!1

THIS^^^^^ we have been targets for a few years now. No idea why. As Robin Williams said "Canadians are the nicest people on the planet" Hmmmm.

Of course there is risk anywhere but in my old age I've decided to minimize the risks if I can. Been to Mexico years ago...won't be going back now.

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - suzengrace - 01-08-2012

There are places in Mexico I wont go near-As someone who use to take day trips with family and friends on a reg.basis to TJ, ,rosarita beach and had a small little family place San Felipe-I sadly-would not rec. anyone go to the first two places.Not sure about San Felipe(havnt been in many years)..and its been one reason why I've avoided that country(and I have friends/family that live there..But the Tulum area seems to be on of the more least likely places for violence-though we all know it can happen anytime -anywhere...

My neighbor s going to Eqypt soon-of all places with the political unrest...

I have a friend who loves Columbia esp. the capital- and thats a place i always thought to avoid-but she said it's like any other place you visit-Dont be and do ignorant foolish things and take the rose-colored glasses off..

Wow-I had no idea about the Canadian situation..You all are some pretty nice, decent people (at least the ones I met when I hung out in Vancouver and BC-as well as on this board)

Re: Sacrificing Jam for Tulum Mexico - rootswoman - 01-08-2012

Well, one reason we chose where we are staying on Isla Mujeres was because of the safety factor. It is an isolated resort - on an island of it's own off of Isla Mujeres- only guests and staff allowed over there at night - Sounds relaxing doesnt it

The latest reports still say cancun is safe enough
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/01/06/f-mexico-q-a-walter-mckay.html

I am looking forward to this trip (day after tomorrow!) We considered Negril - but it felt like far too much work for a last minute jaunt - I like to be prepared when I go to Negril. We have been working so hard and living on a tight budget for the past two years - i wanted to go someplace where we could relax - swim - snorkel - enjoy the wonders of nature (and each other - lol) - socialize and relax - and between you and me - i'm happy to go someplace where Dread wont be running around fixing every bodies computer problems - as that's the kind of guy he is - he loves to help people and i love him for that - but - we need a VACATION! We are traveling light and will only bring my small pink notebook computer - I think that will surely detour Dread from spending too much time working on line - (so glad I chose pink!)