The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Port Antonio Photos... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Port Antonio Photos... (/showthread.php?tid=40020)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Port Antonio Photos... - wit - 01-01-2012

THANK YOU Sprat. Beyond beautiful!

I've been to Kingston and Port Royal. Looks NOTHING like PA lol. Smile

Re: Port Antonio Photos... - Sprat - 01-01-2012

@ Macyoder....so glad that the photos helped in your decision making Smile

Thanks Wit and Bozz...the views, the sights...the historical culture of PA was wonderful. We soaked it all up and then some...

More Blue lagoon photos..

A lot of the expensive properties along the Lagoon had taken a beating in the last storm....

You can see the activity of the overturned boat up the way....

Now to find Winifreds Beach was no easy task. Not sure why, but few signs anywhere for anything around this area. Same problem when we tried to get to GeeJam...lol We decided to ask someone and he gave us a route that was a better road. OMG is all I can say....

We traveled up through a sort of subdivision...then hit the dirt road. It seemed like forever...pot holes the size of quake craters every few feet. We traveled up the mountain...along with the goats....and then down the other side to the beach. Wheeeeph....glad it's a rental car!

But low and behold...we had arrived...and another feast for the eyes. A photographers dream...

Hubby chatted up the bartender...while I walked the beach for some good photo ops...

Very few people on the beach....very quiet and serene...

Chatted with a sweet Rasta who was doing some gourd carving.. beautiful work....

Boy if I had lots of extra money to throw around, I would have bought some of his bowls. But...we were spending more dollars this reach, so it wasn't to be.
He sat beside me on the bench at the bar....after just showing his work, but never again mentioning anything else. We just talked about the intrigacy of the carving. Now that is when I WANT to buy...but we were just there for a visit and had a whole reach ahead of us...

Re: Port Antonio Photos... - rootswoman - 01-01-2012

What a gorgeous place - now I am longing to go there more then ever....
What a trip you had - Thanks for sharing it with us.
Beautiful pictures as always Sprat.
sigh.....

Loops... we were pretty much sticking to a schedule and had our plans set out. We didn't get up into the mountains...but next time for sure.

Thanks Rootswoman & Rastapher....@ Wendy, it was pricey at $180.00 per night, and would definitely choose less expensive accomodations next time.

I decided to walk up to the end of the beach where the old boat was...and I could some of the other eager vendors waiting for my arrival at their table. I thought to myself....on a beach like this it must be terribly hard to make a living. A few requests to buy some jewelry but I was pretty firm with my 'No thank you' answer. It just has to be that way....or a person would be broke traveling and buying.

We had visited lots of beaches today....so time to head back to the hotel and decide on supper. I think it will be an early night! Smile

Re: Port Antonio Photos... - Sprat - 01-02-2012

I don't mind at all Loops, great information and there are many places that I want to discover next time.

@Wendy...well you will have to get up in the mountains....and come back with pics for us! Smile

Bozz,,,hubby drove the car....I wasn't confident enough, but maybe next time, as there will be a car next time.

Thanks Medi...

Will be back soon with some Firefly photos....

Re: Port Antonio Photos... - barbara - 01-03-2012

NICE NICE EYEGASM....

Your Pictures always make me TEMPTED TO TOUCH the screen and feel the breeze and smell the waters...

BLESS

Re: Port Antonio Photos... - Sprat - 01-03-2012

Thanks LJT...yup...loving the car thing now. It's opened up a whole new outlook for us now...

@ barbara...I love that 'Eyegasm' comment...I might have to use that in the future...thanks for commenting... Smile