The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Wendy- Teaching An Old Dog (ME) New Tricks - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Wendy- Teaching An Old Dog (ME) New Tricks (/showthread.php?tid=38637)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Wendy- Teaching An Old Dog (ME) New Tricks - Sundowner - 12-17-2011

Thanks for laying the ground rules, Jenny. I promise to comply!

But re the pool - I need to start in very shallow water, so Travellers is out and Fun Holiday too, I think. I'm talking water so shallow that if I sink to the bottom, I won't go into panic mode and start kicking and gulping water.

Re: Wendy- Teaching An Old Dog (ME) New Tricks - macyoder - 12-18-2011

My near drowning story:

FACT - I got home from church and decided it looked fun to slide down in the pool, not knowing how to swim. What followed is still being debated.

My version- I courageously/stupidly went into the pool not knowing to swim and started to drown, arms flaring. Hubby looked at me, went inside, made a sandwich, checked the insurance policy, and realized I was worth more to him alive than dead. He rushed out, jumped into the pool fully dressed, to rescue me.

His version- His 6 ft tall dumb wife went down the slide in the shallow 3ft deep end of the pool. She looked panic but knowing all she had to do was stand up to save herself he hesitated for 10 seconds before jumping in to save her dumb ass, more like help her to her feet.

My argument - people have been known to drown in a bathtub or a teaspoon of wata.

His comeback - yet you decide to slide down in 3 ft of water.

Fact- I was kinda in the shallow end of the pool. I am still sticking to my version.

Re: Wendy- Teaching An Old Dog (ME) New Tricks - wit - 12-18-2011

RW I've said the same thing many times about Jamaica and swimming. I feel strongly that it should be part of the school curriculum. Before Macy tells me "fish nah walk mi nah swim" I remind her that Jamaica is an ISLAND. Surrounded by water....who needs to know how to swim? All jamaicans imo. Smile

BTW himself doesn't swim either.

Re: Wendy- Teaching An Old Dog (ME) New Tricks - macyoder - 12-18-2011

I feel strongly that it should be part of the school curriculum.

IMOP, never will be in any race/culture where it cost $$$$ to redo... DA HAIR or you don't enjoy sunbathing! A significantly less amount of black American kids can swim, living in the same neighborhood with the same access to water, compared to white kids. To enjoy swimming you have to enjoy being out in the sun, a nuh we dat:-)

As Jamaicans we know we can run faster than fish swim, so why badda:-)

Re: Wendy- Teaching An Old Dog (ME) New Tricks - wit - 12-18-2011

Smile I love you girl.

True I keep forgetting about the hair. lol.

Jamaicans must laugh their azzes off at us paying buckets of money to bake in the sun trying to get DARKER while many are bleaching to get lighter. Silly stuff no?