The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Medi's Trip Journal - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Medi's Trip Journal (/showthread.php?tid=37657)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Medi's Trip Journal - VenusdeMilos - 12-09-2011

Hi Medi, Im back and logged in especially to read your report bc I didnt have time earlier.

I can sense your axieties looming in your writing. Its changed pace and rather than flowing with joy, its now a bit staggered, punctuated with tension, but it still makes an interesting and candid tale.

Your money worries reminded me of myself years ago. I would travel on a shoestring but with youth and ignorance on my side I was happy go lucky and never worried. I slept on a sand flea ridden beach in Ibiza, picked grapes in Italy and once hitchiked my way back to London from Paris bc I spent my train fare home on a pair of shoes. (All of which if my teenager attempted to do, I would have a pink fit over and I wasnt that much older than she is now). The first time I came to Greece with my bff we would always read the menu to see what we could afford, which was usually a Greek Salad and a stuffed tomatoe or 2. No wonder we were so bloody skinny in those days.

Now, my husband, forever the pragmatist just cannot see the point of budget travel. He would rather not see the world at all than see it on a shoe string. For him it would not be a holiday if couldnt afford to do things at whim. As I get a bit long in the tooth I have come round to his way of thinking. Maybe something for you to think about for another trip. Try to find a balance between the 2 enabling you to do it more comfortably. Avoid putting yourself in the position of stress, especially if you are more sensitive to anxiety.

I am reassured to know that this was not a permanent state of mind, and it all makes for a fascinating fly on the wall read which I really admire you for. Crack on Medi...Im here supporting you! x

and was the feet picture for my benefit? they are getting colour Smile x

Re: Medi's Trip Journal - Angel - 12-09-2011

Medi thank you for sharing your adventures. Carry on :-) we all have bad days. I see you really enjoyed the well deserved trip. Now time to look forward to your next one :-)

Re: Medi's Trip Journal - gerryg123 - 12-09-2011

Excellent report. Good details, great photos!

Re: Medi's Trip Journal - Sophie - 12-09-2011

Wow, this is great Medi. Lovin every minute of it!

Re: Medi's Trip Journal - medi - 12-09-2011

I was wondering the same thing about the original pool being closed myself..but when I walked by it looked like they were pulling leaves out of it, but then Joe Cool said he had talked to someone and they said they had to treat it...I thought it was naturally filtered..I remember how cold it was too, but the new pool was heated..or at least made in a way that kept it warm..the bottom looked like blacktop with small pebbles in it.

I think I'm going to start another thread tomorrow though..this one is getting pretty long, lol. Smile

My posts tomorrow will include some boardie pics..Markospoon, Rastapher, Fatty, and Lola, and I'm hoping I didn't leave anyone out..oh yeah, Suzengrace was there but I didn't get a pic..and what is Fatty's gf name..I keep thinking Lisa, but is that not right?

Re: Medi's Trip Journal - gerryg123 - 12-12-2011

So Summerset was $330 PLUS a safe key for 80 dollars for a total of $410, or Summerset was $250 plus eighty for a total of $330? Also, is the price of key a deposit, or an $80 fee to use the safe?

Whatever the details, it is an amazing deal ..... Is there anything wrong with the place????

Re: Medi's Trip Journal - gerryg123 - 12-13-2011

That's like eight dollars a day, that's an insane deal -- with AC!

Also, I've always been a bit turned off by Croton Grove, just seemed like the place was a little grimy, though I have never seen a room .... And anyone who would not jump to attention when tourist wants to see a room? Way too slow in Negril these days to act like that .... tourist money is VIP .....

You're story is very well done and incredibly down to Earth. The series so far is the epitome of the freedom and vibe of going SOLO -- it's just so much different but when you go you KNOW .... Good job. Also, did you ever hang at Bar B Barn or try Angela's?