The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Great Huts in Portland - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Great Huts in Portland (/showthread.php?tid=36839)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Great Huts in Portland - rhonda - 11-24-2011

lol at Lola and Sharlene
to me,this is nice, love the nature, and not bothered by the ruggedness

thanks Yamangurl for all the great photo's,you're a dream with your camera

unfortunately when I spoke to someone there earlier today,it looks like for the dates I want,I would have to switch my room 3 times,not fond of that idea

the prices range from $60 and up per night
a bit pricy, but to me, looks lovely

I am going to have to figure out which way to go with it all, I do want to spend some time in Portland but will have to see what other options I come up with if Great Huts doesn't work out

Re: Great Huts in Portland - Island+Girl - 11-24-2011

Mosquitoes were not a problem in the treehouse, as there was always a nice breeze. I am thinking we were there in March when there hadn't been a lot of rain so maybe that's why there weren't a lot of bugs. There was mosquito netting on the bed but we never used it- and we left all three sides of the bedroom open to the elements...BTW that was one kick ass king size bed up in that loft- so comfy! Like I said earlier, "I" loved it and yes you have to climb a ladder to get up to the BEDROOM (not the bottom part) and maybe someone larger would need a bigger opening? If that's a concern you might want to ask first, or at least give yourself some extra time when climbing down in the middle of the nite to use the bathroom, LOL.

I believe that we payed over $100 a nite to stay in the treehouse- maybe $120 with tax? That said, once we viewed the tents we were very grateful for our relatively luxurious (if also relatively expensive) treehouse. There is NO WAY that I would stay in one of those tents-I definitely don't "know" those critters (that crawl on the JA ground) well enough to share a bed with them. !Don't! even mention the snakes! The interiors of the tent also seemed a little- well- opressive in the heat. But hey- diff'rent strokes and all that..

WISH we still had our pics but they were lost among with other cherished JA pics in a totally senseless computer crash... At least we have the memories {{sigh!}} Thanks Yamangurl for sharing yours!

IRIE! *IG

Re: Great Huts in Portland - Yamangurl - 11-28-2011

Speaking of Ivanhoes's....
Here it is frpm the street

Here is the back part of Ivanhoe's as seen from the property next door (I stayed at Ocean Crest Guest House)

An example of the view from there...

Re: Great Huts in Portland - rhonda - 11-29-2011

okay, so I was able to make contact with the rental agent at a property in Long Bay that I stayed at many years ago.......

lovely location,right on the beach.....quiet......falling asleep to the crashing of the waves each night, waking to the beautiful sunrise each morning

ahhh...I can feel it now......

all this for $40 per night...includes breakfast......looks like my decision is made

about 10 days there, then, make my way to Negril for a bit........

thanks for all the input and lovely photo's

Re: Great Huts in Portland - sammyb - 11-29-2011

Rhonda

I'd love to hear more about the LB property. Can you share the contact info?

Also for the house across from the beach that was mentioned...any details on that?

Fern Hill is being renovated so I assume that is why it's in it's current state. It will be nice to see what it will be once things are renovated and up to par