The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Hey Everyone! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Hey Everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=35361)

Pages: 1 2

Re: Hey Everyone! - suzengrace - 10-29-2011

Thanks for checking in LBB..I will be on the island in a few days..trying to find your Jam.cell # so maybe are paths can cross-would love to check out the place you staying in Broughton...My plans right now are very much up in the air-

I had a feeling the "beggy beggy: would be getting worse -what with hard times allover the place..I myself will probably be spending one less trip there every year and checking out other places in the world and lot has to do with the same things LBB has clearly stated-that and its a big , wonderful world out there and I want to exp.it all...

Safe travels LBB...

Re: Hey Everyone! - Van - 10-30-2011

There is also alot of things that do not make the 'headlines' or radio that are happening...I am not saying in Negril only...I hope for better but I do not see it unless something divine intervenes.

And I have said this before and gotten reemed for it way back-my opinion is that tourism does not 'help' an area. Handouts do not 'help' people all the time. It causes one to look like the money train. Helping with a legitamate need or health visit or send a kid to school is not what I mean. It is the unloading of personal gifts because you want to make yourself feel good too.

There will be a message board in 10 years describing what TB is like today versus what it was like days gone by. Tourism will change it. In some ways it has to a degree if you ask persons that own homes there or spend time there from when they were kids. So my friends say anyway.

Re: Hey Everyone! - wit - 11-23-2011

lol Lola.

John...nice of you to post. Sorry you're seeing things clearly now lol. You should try and be a white FEMALE. Good times? NOOOOOOOOO

Re: Hey Everyone! - Island+Girl - 11-24-2011

BTW lostbeachbum, we totally understand where you are coming from. I have thought what you wrote so many times, but I almost feel as if I am betraying the country by even thinking it...There is no denying it,Jamaica HAS changed, even in the lesser tourist areas such as Portland. It's not that we personally encounter that much hustling, or even begging but what there is of it has a sharper edge on it...and a more threatening feel...IRIE! *IG

Re: Hey Everyone! - suzengrace - 11-25-2011

Unfortunatley it doesnt go away in the interior of Jam either-though it certainly isn't on the same level as say Negril.But never a day would pass that someone didnt ask for something from me (usually money or rum) -and give me an attitude when I said,straight up "NO". Yeah, it gets old real fast.

Re: Hey Everyone! - rootswoman - 11-25-2011

Welcome back Suzen!
I hope we are going to hear more about your trip.

Re: Hey Everyone! - VenusdeMilos - 11-25-2011

Too much of a good thing perhaps...(?)

when you repeatedly do the same thing or visit the same place inevitably you will tire of it. Little things that before you were able to overlook become irksome.

In our family, we all love Jamaica and have every intention of visiting often, but we have other places on our bucket list too, as refreshing inbetweenies ~

Thailand and the Philippines

New Zealand

New Mexico

Sri Lanka

India bc the Taj Mahal is a must.

OK, where do you fancy and what are this week's lottery #'s? Big Grin

Re: Hey Everyone! - wit - 11-26-2011

suzengrace....you know!

Re: Hey Everyone! - Angel - 11-26-2011

Lostbeachbum see this was posted almost 1 month ago. If you are still there hope it is going better.