The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
One Love Reggae Concerts in November - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: One Love Reggae Concerts in November (/showthread.php?tid=34883)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - BrenJaLee - 10-22-2011

Fatty, if you talk to Carey again, please ask if the time frame as to when the headline artist will hit the stage is going to be the same as NE. I'm having flashbacks to the Buju concert at the Jungle. We were staying at Rondel and, although I made to when he hit the stage, about half-way through I just couldn't stay awake any longer so walked back to my room. Our room was not even close to the street at Rondel. It was a midway back in the property, near the pool. Got back to the room, had all the doors and windows closed, a/c on, and could still hear Buju clear as day. No way was I going to be able to sleep so I just sat on the balcony and listened. In fact, the sound was even better that far away than it had been when I was standing by the stage. LOL. This was at least 2 or 3 a.m. And I remember when walking back to the room, I passed a guy coming out of Rondel in full PJs stumbling in a daze saying "how long is this going to go on???" Practically begging for it to stop. I will never forget that.

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - rastagirl777 - 10-22-2011

Lets not forget too that Carey is running for office - so it might be he needs the help from his brothers and the staff at the Jungle.

Could be many reasons, we won't know for sure. It is what it is though and I wish him good luck with the season. I'll try to make it to some of the shows if I can.

Rastapher, I meant to say SHOW Z papers - a la recent Arizona legistlation. Ha. Ha. Sigh.

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - Tim - 10-23-2011

I'm not the high horse RG - look in the mirror. I'm not the first nor will I be the last to question some egotistical remarks you have made on these forums.
Why would you have a TRN number? But you are right, not my bizzness, not that I care.

I stand by my comments, local prices should be for locals. People want to see big name performers in Negril but don't want to pay the price, I don't get it. I doubt Carey is raking in much profit after everyone gets paid, I for one am thankful to have these performers show up, and gladly pay the cost of admission, which quite frankly is generally pretty cheap.

I don't know why they are moving to the Jungle. Is it a larger venue? I have never gone in there as the action always seems to start around the time we are winding down.

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - Pineapple - 10-23-2011

Guess I won't be going to any of the shows this year. I go to Jamaica to see outdoor reggae. I can see these same shows in the State indoors. I don't go to any indoor venues in Jamaica.

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - rastagirl777 - 10-24-2011

I haven't seen a show at the Jungle since 2006...and I kind of remember it being indoor/outdoor - open room type thing. Smallish as I recall. I do MUCH prefer the vibe at N.E. but in the end its not so much the venue as it is the artist for me. Still no answers out there on ticket prices? Local or tourist? Season Pass? Anyone?

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - rastagirl777 - 10-24-2011

"Speaking of concert prices, here is a good comparison. Just saw the announcement that Ziggy Marley will be playing here in Los Angeles at Club Nokia on Saturday, December 17. Ticket prices for VIP Seating or Pit Standing are $31.50 and General Admission Standing is $25. "

That's pretty cheap! In the SF Bay Area ticket prices for live music range from $35-$135/ticket depending on the artist and venue.

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - BrenJaLee - 10-24-2011

Live Music is in the same range as you in SF - for big name artists. But, Reggae artists are never the same. In fact, I've seen promos for some Reggae concerts here in smaller venues that have no cover charge at all - they make their money from drink sales. And sometimes these are the same artists that have been at Negril Escape for $25-40.

Cool looking stage there at the Jungle. One thing I liked a lot about the NE set-up was that the stage was up high so if you were in the back of the crowd you could see more than just the top of the artist's head. LOL Looking forward to checking out the set-up at the Jungle. However, all those people on a 2nd floor balcony might make me a bit nervous.

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - Yamangurl - 10-24-2011

My guess is that they will set up or build a stage outside like shown at this concert.

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - Dana1 - 10-24-2011

Not sure I like the new venue...not exactly great for the vertically challenged (only 5'4" and hubby only 5'7"Wink. Loved NE for the fact that you could stand anywhere and still see the stage perfectly fine. Don't think this will be the case at the Jungle.
Freaked out about big crowds on that 2nd floor too! When did it collapse? Recently? Don't recall ever hearing about it. Also think, with all those people crammed into that space, it will be quite hot....no breeze off the sea like at NE.
I'll just have to wait and see who the act is when we are there and play it by ear. Really disappointed that venue has changed Sad

Re: One Love Reggae Concerts in November - Sophie - 10-24-2011

Well, to have THIS happen again

or THIS

or this

I would gladly sit in a urinal and let people piss on my head!! Could ya tell I was a wee bit excited?? Oh and my hair started off twice that size- that sea breeze didn't stop me from being drenched.