The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Hurricane Matthew - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Hurricane Matthew (/showthread.php?tid=101557)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Hurricane Matthew - rastagirl777 - 10-04-2016

Rewording as requested:
Good news all around for JAMAICA.  Sucks out loud for Haiti - again!  Prayers sent to that beleagured country and hoping that maybe THIS time funds allocated to help might actually get there.

In Negril right now...as the storm passes Jamaica - cloudy but not much rain or wind.  Very little if any surge.

The "warning" issued for a Hurricane has now been downgraded to a Tropical Storm.  In short, for Jamaica - Hurricane Matthew is officially a "non-event".

I'm super proud of my friends on the ground for calmly and focused preparation for the worst.  I'm super relieved for them that this will not be the shit show it seemed it might be a week ago.

The flooding in Kingston is due to all the garbage clogging up the drains there.  What's annoying about this is they had similar flooding a week or two ago, assessed that this was the problem yet did nothing about it.  Very frustrating.

RE: Hurricane Matthew - kylake - 10-04-2016

Quote:rastagirl777 wrote: Rewording as requested:
I deleted my post that requested rewording. You might want to edit the original posting...if you want.
Poor Haiti for sure though.

RE: Hurricane Matthew - CardBoardBox - 10-04-2016

RG777, just minor alterations of your orig post would have been easy, changing "all" to "Jamaica", or something close.

Also, I remember reading that the Kingston drains had been cleared in prep of the storm. Guess they forgot about the potential clogging stuff in the gutters. Well, they did do half the job right.

One story, maybe Monday, quoted a taxi driver that he was not "going to an evac center" (my quote MAY be wrong) because he was fed up with warnings leading to a "non-event." His choice, which thankfully came to pass this time.

Hopefully the airlines are back and people can start (or end) their vacations.

RE: Hurricane Matthew - Mattjamaica - 10-04-2016

Kylake .. That was Frenchmans Bay (or some people call it Fishermans beach). I checked Great Bay as well and it was exactly the same. You couldn't drive to TB on the normal road as it was literally washed out with a 6ft drop on one of those hairpin bends (I think I have a slide shot of that somewhere, not digital though), had to take a dirt back road in a 4wd to get down there.

RE: Hurricane Matthew - kylake - 10-05-2016

Quote:CBB wrote: RG777, just minor alterations of your orig post would have been easy, changing "all" to "Jamaica", or something close.
That is all I meant to happen and for rastagirl777 to do. She may not have noticed/realized you can simply edit the original posting.