The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Tick Tock Tick Tock - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tick Tock Tick Tock (/showthread.php?tid=100649)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - DAWN - 11-13-2014

[attachment=1530]
Time ticking for me too! No retirement in sight....I'll be working till mi dead..

Thank goodness for sweet Jamaica to eat up my vacation time..

Never been this time of year before but got a great airfare! Hoping to run into all you November peeps!

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - DAWN - 11-13-2014

[attachment=1531]

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - rastagirl777 - 11-13-2014

Sharleen, the wondrous benefits of this little creature being in your life will outweigh months spent in JA. Congrats on the new pup!

I have a cat (used to have three, sniff). I remember almost 10 years ago when Fred was literally dropped in my lap as a kitten I thought - wow - I have 15 more years of cat now, then I can retire (snort, laugh) and move to JA.

After my Margie died before I left for JA last winter Fred was alone for the first time in his life. For the past year, he has done well alone and we completely spoil him. However the plan is in effect to get another kitten when we return from our winter trip - we both feel Fred "needs" something to "talk cat to".

Needless to say my plans of moving to JA got scrapped with any hope of retiring anytime soon. The great depression of 2008 hit us harder than we expected, and later. In the 6 years since we've re-thought moving to JA - the best we can hope for are perhaps longer stays, over three months, at some point...

So, I digress. I am very blessed to have had the same house/pet sitter for 15 years. For me, she should almost be on the payroll since we travel for work so often - she actually lives in our house just about the same amount of time we do each year, lol. Spending those months here with our cat and taking care of stuff at the house has been so tremendous - Saint Sally! Everyone should have a Sally.

I suggest developing a relationship with someone like that if you can. For Sally, living in my house has its definite perks - washer/driver, satellite TV, internet. I'm right here in her community. In exchange for living here and using our "stuff" I have been fortunate to not have to pay her what normal house-sitters get around here - a "token" or gratuity is all she'll accept.

There are other Sally's out there I'm certain of it. I hope you find yours.

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - Susantherese - 11-14-2014

I agree with Rastagirl. I have had the same pet sitter for my two Westies ever since they were puppies. While I can't be in JA for extended periods because of work, up until recently I traveled a fair amount for work. They always had a great time. Almost like a vacation for them!

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - Firemon - 11-15-2014

You'll always B-Cool Jeanine. 28_1_7v