The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
The "TRUTH" in print!!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The "TRUTH" in print!!! (/showthread.php?tid=100443)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - rastagirl777 - 07-26-2014

"So when one dies do they throw you in the back of a taxi?" If one is dead, one can wait for an ambulance from Sav. Or you go by taxi.
"Do you have to pay full fare?"
In an emergency where one is living, it could cost up to $300 to get you to MoBay Hope.

And yes, I know about the deniers over there...I was expressing my frustration, not trying to be "funny"

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - Likkle Red - 07-26-2014

When my father in law passed in Sheffield, we called the police and funeral home at the same time. The hearse came and we waited and waited for the police to come and pronounce him dead. After several hours of waiting in the heat they put him in the hearse and took him to Negril police station where an officer came out and signed the needed paper. Only in Jamaica!

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - jitterbug - 07-26-2014

(07-26-2014, 01:10 PM)rastagirl777 Wrote:  "So when one dies do they throw you in the back of a taxi?" If one is dead, one can wait for an ambulance from Sav. Or you go by taxi.
"Do you have to pay full fare?"
In an emergency where one is living, it could cost up to $300 to get you to MoBay Hope.

And yes, I know about the deniers over there...I was expressing my frustration, not trying to be "funny"

rg, i thought you were "chastizing" me for not understanding that there is NO ambulance in negril . . . i do get that part, i've always understood that there is proper medical emergency services close by . . .

any time i'm on the road in jamaica, i definitely have that in the back of my mind . . . and i was being sarcastic cause "over there" the claim is that there IS an operating and fully equipped ambulance!!!!

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - rastagirl777 - 07-27-2014

Understood. Its frustrating but then, personally at least, I know what I can expect and who I can call on in case of emergency - and have for many, many years.

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - oldtimer - 07-27-2014

As any one told Bobby ??? I asked my daughter (the lawyer that specializes in travel docs and insurance ) about this and she said that NO MATTER !!!!! how much insurance you have it means nothing in a case like that . They will NOT !!!!! except receipts from ANYTHING !!!! except health services. There goes your med vac plans ,at least for today !!! This is a very serious misconception that there is a working ambulance with workers !!!!!

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - Likkle Red - 07-27-2014

This newspaper article has not been shared over yonder.....but months ago he did report that private ambulances were available.

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - gerryg123 - 07-27-2014

How much could an ambulance cost? It would seem a pretty high priority, based on being a "life or death" situation. Where the heck is the compassion for human life?

If the government can't afford social programs to help the needy, that's one thing (although in my opinion it's very wrong), but my gosh, there has got to be a budget for an ambulence or even a local hospital in such a rich tourist area where literally THOUSANDS of peeps are paying THOUSANDS of dollars every day.

Where does all the money go? Don't peeps pay taxes on earnings in Negril? The two RIU Negril hotels, for instance, are obviously earning millions in profits, where are the taxes from those earnings?

The flights to Jamaica are usually full. Are there no fees that go to a general fund to help the communities of the country? What am I missing here?

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - kylake - 07-27-2014

Quote:gerryg123 wrote: How much could an ambulance cost?
Gerry, OT had a thread about cost in the past.
http://jamericans.net/yellowboard/showthread.php?tid=100290

You would think the big AI hotels themselves would have a shared ambulance or 2 just for their own customer protection.

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - Likkle Red - 07-27-2014

I think the point here is that when an ambulance is stationed in Negril (either by the government or
private funds) it does not stay on the road long due to accidents,reckless driving or not being maintained properly.

Somehow, the emergency vehicles have to be up and running when needed. Someone needs to make sure tires are up to par, oil is changed, transmission fluids maintained, etc. not to mention having trained people in the ambulance that can have the knowledge to keep a person alive until they reach the hospital, which is another can of worms!

RE: The "TRUTH" in print!!! - kylake - 07-27-2014

Likkle Red, so is mechanical incompetence that bad in Jamaica? There are taxi drivers that keep their vehicles maintained. Cannot government hire the staffing to also keep the ambulances and other government vehicles maintained? The red stripe (police) cars I assume are maintained?
A lot I don't know for sure since I am a newbie.