The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
I do not get it - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: I do not get it (/showthread.php?tid=100389)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: I do not get it - suzengrace - 07-07-2014

I for one I'm super happy to see you here Winni ..I always enjoyed your posts and contributions and hope you stay..

Yes, i;m might be part of gang mentality-but as booger stated this has to do with past issues and yamangurl hits the nail on the head..

And am one of those loyal to "A T" friends who will speak out if someone is bad mouthing them with un-truths...esp. for all to see on a public forum.. I'm ALL for the agree to disagree and this would be one boring board if we all agreed... I dont mind getting in to some heated debates(sometimes I learn something new or that maybe i had it wrong)-but in the end it all has to do with each respecting each sides views-that doesnt alwasy happen. somethimes there is a "bully attitude"..I dont flow with that BS either..

anyway..i'm done with this issue and moving on... and again Winni, glad to see you back.. when you mention breadnut lane it brings back warm memories for me..its where i met my partner -about 6 years ago..

RE: I do not get it - dreadneck - 07-08-2014

If RG takes Wendy up on her suggestion, we'd definitely be looking to push the button...

RE: I do not get it - Schuttzie - 07-08-2014

I honestly hate drama as I have too much in my household with kids, at the moment. It is exhausting, lol! I also use this board as an escape and so enjoy others travel experiences and just normal everyday experiences in life that people care to share. Oh, and not to forget lovely photos! We are all individuals with various lives and journeys were trodding.

Life is too short and I don't want to miss out on all the beauty of it going on around me. Walk good and bless!

RE: I do not get it - oldtimer - 07-08-2014

I invite you all to come to Nova Scotia . I'll fill you with rum , beer , wine
water , lobster ,scallops or whatever turns your crank. Red solo cup ,I fill you up. Oh yes that also includes a sunset or sunrise cruise.

RE: I do not get it - Chickster - 07-08-2014

(07-08-2014, 08:55 AM)oldtimer Wrote:  I invite you all to come to Nova Scotia . I'll fill you with rum , beer , wine
water , lobster ,scallops or whatever turns your crank. Red solo cup ,I fill you up. Oh yes that also includes a sunset or sunrise cruise.

I'se the b'y that builds the boat
And I'se the b'y that sails her
I's the b'y that catches the fish,
And takes them home to Lizer.

RE: I do not get it - kylake - 07-08-2014

Sorry, but I cannot help myself

RE: I do not get it - Raine - 07-08-2014

(07-08-2014, 08:55 AM)oldtimer Wrote:  I invite you all to come to Nova Scotia . I'll fill you with rum , beer , wine

I hope to take you up on that offer one day oldtimer.

RE: I do not get it - MoFromMonroe - 07-08-2014

Now that was funny Kylake.

RE: I do not get it - JonTom - 07-08-2014

My turn to vent (and no this has absolutely nothing to do with the topic on hand or the other thread, but wait, just let me).

Got a letter (with 1 USD, a real one!) and several phone messages from Arbitron (Nielsen rating - radio and TV watching survey stuff).

Called them back - answer questions re. radio stations, TV stations, few other things. Then she promises me a bit more $$ if I continue survey (think the phrase was, "a bit of $$, enough for a few cups of coffee and donuts").
OK, sure.
Asks questions about me or immediate family working for radio? - nope, TV? - nope. Advertising? - well, elder brother writes for radio and TV ads occasionally. "Sorry - that invalidates you for further survey, thank you for your time, goodbye!"

What?? Aww, too damn honest! Do I still get my coffee/donuts $$?

RE: I do not get it - rootswoman - 07-08-2014

No Soup for You! Jontom!
(Seinfeld reference in case this too got lost in translation - my case in point)

Thanks everyone for your support and kind words here and in Private Messages.
Dread and I work hard to help Tammy keep this board a fun and safe place. When people start focusing on drama as being an issue, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

There has not been any drama for well over a year here. I fell into the role of moderator merely by being here to help take the load off of Dread and Tammy. It was not a roll I chose or particularly want, it came to me by way of default. Because I love Dread, Tammy and all of you fools (folks to those of you who might take offence - i love you folks too)
I want to do what I can to provide a safe place for people to post. My goal here is to be as objective as possible, understand all sides of an issue, and make sure no one is getting hurt. I dont believe in censorship per se, so that is the last resort. We are adults and 99% of the time a firm hand is not necessary. If we leave disagreements to those who disagree they tend to work it out for themselves - there is no need to jump on the bandwagon.

This isnt a business - it is a labor of love and its a place for ALL of us. First and foremost it is intended to be a safe friendly and caring place to come and get support or advice if you need it. It was started for that purpose and it remains for that purpose.

Winni - sorry to mash up your thread - I am not pointing fingers at you or anyone else. I enjoyed your post actually.

I am just trying to stress that the only way to keep the board positive and supportive is by talking about positive and supportive things. I force myself to start threads when i feel like the board needs life or positivity - Sometimes they succeed sometimes they fail - If they fail I try again. I don't get upset - I just move on. So my advice to anyone who doesn't like drama - instead of complaining, come up with a nice creative idea for a thread.

Thanks again for all of your support!

and HEY Old Timer
Nova Scotia is on the top of my bucket list
Ever since I lived in Bar Harbor, Maine where there used to be a ferry to NS Ive longed to take that trip. I still have family in Bangor so it may happen that some day Dread and I will come driving up your way from Bangor. Be careful what you wish for!