The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
hello - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: hello (/showthread.php?tid=100345)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: hello - Likkle Red - 06-24-2014

So sorry to hear you are going through so much pain.  I hope the variety of mess and treatments help you.  Chronic pain wears on the mind, body and soul!

RE: hello - rootswoman - 06-24-2014

I am sorry, not to rub salt in your wounds Rambo,  but there is something terribly wrong with that stipulation.
I understand why they need to carefully monitor opiod use and am glad that they do - but cannabis should not be in the mix.  

I have no idea what you have tried or if such things are available but im wondering if you have been able to try any sort of aquatic therepies.   I only ask this because I take swim aerobics at our town rec center .  I had  back pain for years and since doing the swim classes it has depleted greatly.  It really has changed my life.  I do a deep water class in which we wear belts and are suspended in the water.  They have warm water pool classes too.  I swim with lots of seniors - I have heard remarkable stories of how much these classes have done for people.  

It may not be something you have available - I  just love it so much I like to encourage anyone who reads this to try it.  I find its not just the exercise - its something about being in the water that just feels so good.  It makes me feel like a kid again (untill I step back onto land - lol)

RE: hello - Rambo - 06-24-2014

I will try and PM you on the first subject......on the water thingy..it did work for about 5 to 7 years, but now my spinal cord is being crushed so bad with my spinal column, that there is nothing outward that can be doneto alleavate that, even  a weightlessness enviroment would not help..to operate and remove the pressure is impossible at this point it would mean "removing my spinal column" which is next to impossible............the vertabrea in my spinal column no longer is stacked on top of one another but goes in a zig zag direction..too much repeated damage with no repairs in between the seperate injuries...the Drs at Mayo are amazied that I can walk at all, or have normal body functions...they have used my x rays and mris as a teaching aid.........

RE: hello - Sharleen - 06-24-2014

nice to see you here, I know you as a REALLY LONG TIME poster & have always enjoyed your posts.  Sorry to hear about  your pain & pain management problems!  I hope you are still well enough to travel to Jamaica and to enjoy the island.  Nothing is worst on the back and neck than being on the computer.  I don't yet have back or neck problems, I do have a knee probem though.  A couple of years ago I was planning on leaving my house at 5:00 a.m. for an Adirondack Mountain fishing trip, put up barricades for my dog so he couldn't get in the living room in case he had a pee accident, tripped over the barricade in my rush to leave the house on time & fell onto my Italian tile kitchen floor which is like falling onto concrete.  My knee has never been the same since then -- my vacation was cancelled & I spent the week elevating my knee with a giant ice pack instead of spending the week on Lake Sacandaga fishing & swimming.  A couple of years later my knee still bothers me if I walk around too much.  I can't remember what medicines they had me on for the first month but it was a pretty strong pain pill.  It really wiped me out so I was rather pleasantly and totally without pain and would lay on my couch watching DVD's of "The Wire" with 1/2 an eye opening. 
   I leave for a vacation tomorrow early a.m. where "hiking" is the thing.  Ha Ha...  they are going to be laughing at me because their easiest hike is two miles and I doubt I can make one mile.  And I used to regularly swim from Sea Grape to Yacht Club.. getting old gets kind of really really crappy!  

RE: hello - Sophie - 06-24-2014

Rambo- I hate to hear that you are having this sort of pain, and that it can't be fixed. My old Smokey has had two neck surgeries in four years but they have really helped. First one fixed his broken neck so that it didn't kill or cripple him but he still had some pain. Second one seems to have taken away the pain. I sure wish a surgery could help you......... would Fentanyl patches provide better relief? Or have you tried that?

RE: hello - Bruce - 06-24-2014

Hi Ray!

It's really great to see you post here, but I am terribly sorry to hear about the pain you are going through.

RE: hello - Rambo - 06-25-2014

Quote:~~cannabis'Sophie' pid='104423' dateline='1403661260'Ah yes the ole Fent' was on those for maybe 4-5 years, nothing like a fresh patch and a dip in a hot tube...HaHa  Oh Boy! what a rush....Actually I may have to go back to those, after a while you build up a tolerance to one type of opiod, and a change is necessary, but for the time being a change is not in my future....there comes a time where you will not get pain releif 100%...not sure if I am at that stage yet.........Thank God that my wife has a "Up" outlook on life, her smiles and attitude really gives me a boost.....I am very lucky I am not going thru this on my own, and Im sure a "lesser" person might have taken more a "drastic"  route...We keep our memories of all our travels from the early 80's, especiall to Jamaica in what we call "its early years" when to us it was like a "Adult Disneyland"  lol, I keep planning to finish more chapters in our book, we need to drag out some of our early photos to rekindle those thoughts and put them down........maybe soon ??
Rambo- I hate to hear that you are having this sort of pain, and that it can't be fixed. My old Smokey has had two neck surgeries in four years but they have really helped. First one fixed his broken neck so that it didn't kill or cripple him but he still had some pain. Second one seems to have taken away the pain. I sure wish a surgery could help you......... would Fentanyl patches provide better relief? Or have you tried that?

RE: hello - rootswoman - 06-28-2014

Sorry Rambo,
I missed this reply! (I was caught up in Birthday shenanigans)
I am devastated to hear the water no longer helps - I can't even imagine how living with that much pain and no relief can be.

I mentioned in a PM that I would love to read your trip reports again - you are a great writer .
When I think about "the good old days over yonder" I always remember your sense of humor and your great stories. (and your beautiful yellow labs)

You have some incredible tales to tell

Its cool to hear you are working on a book - i know i would buy it!

RE: hello - Rambo - 06-28-2014

do you think I should post some chapters of the one I posted on the "other place" The first trip" ????

RE: hello - kylake - 06-28-2014

First let me say how terrible it is that you are having problems with your back. I like RW have had problems for years but they are pale in comparison to the problem you have.....good luck and best wishes.

If I have a vote on posting a chapter my vote is "go for it". I know Leslie Chow was allow to post here (once booted from the "other") but he only posted excerpts (unlike on the "other") and self promoted more than anything.