The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
medical services for the dead diver - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: medical services for the dead diver (/showthread.php?tid=100286)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: medical services for the dead diver - Sophie - 05-29-2014

Ok- I was stupid enough to read the comments on the other board. I am SICK TO DEATH of the lack of empathy that many people in this world have. I have decided that alllllllll the nastiness that exists in this world is from some sort of empathy disorder. I mean really, if people had the ability to truly put themselves in other people's shoes and FEEL what they are feeling the world would be a nicer place. I don't give a flying f*uck if he was drunk, participating in risky behavior, etc. My thoughts go directly to--- oh man, he was 26 f*ckin' years old..... 26 year old guys brains just are not fully developed. They do NOT think through every risk to decide if what they are doing is safe or not. And my god, his family.... makes be so sad. Try to FEEL what they are feeling..... to know their boy was hurt and there was not help for him. IMAGINE what is going through their minds...... did he suffer? Did he want his mama at the end? Bless his heart........... 

RE: medical services for the dead diver - wendy - 05-29-2014

How about that stupid new project donating its LARGE sum of monies for a few ambulances...now wouldnt that be NICE !

RE: medical services for the dead diver - Angel - 05-29-2014

They started out saying he was pronounced dead at hospital nothing about what it took to get there,what was done before he got there but mainly the LACK of MEDICAL EQUIPMENT, and an AMBULANCE. Was made to sound like he hit the rocks and that was it. Such BS. I've seen people on the beach dead because there was no one or anything to help them. I send (((hugs))) to his family and friends. I've seen a woman that was so black and blue from jumping was surprised she could walk. I know she was in a lot of pain. They need to get the Ambulances working with qualified personnel.

RE: medical services for the dead diver - jitterbug - 05-29-2014

none of what we want to see as far as medical care will happen in our lifetime.
jamiaca is a third world country, no matter how much we love it!!
i don't think a working ambulance would help.
kingston is the place to go for critical injuries and that's 3 1/2 hr ride. a lot could happen in that time frame even if there is a working ambulance.
could be any of one us in that position.

as i drive myself around the island that i love to visit so much, i'm very, very aware of my mortality.

i feel for the young man's family.

RE: medical services for the dead diver - kylake - 05-29-2014

Sorry for the young man and his family. I had a bucket list and did it "once" 3 years ago. I guess I got lucky or at least that is how I feel now. Too sad for the family. Rick's does promote it whether they have signs or not. I hope someone files suit. Even if they don't win it will be a major pain the A$$ for Ricks and also in the pocket book.
Sophie, I have not been to the other board in months but those folks as you point out have no empathy.

RE: medical services for the dead diver - Sharleen - 05-29-2014

I feel so really sad for this young man's family.. was it definitely at Rick's that this happened?  He has a facebook page for those of you who might be curious about him as a person.  One time as a young woman, like a LONG time ago, I drove from NY to Miami, got on the plane to Mobay, got a taxi to Negril, left my shoes in the taxi because I had not slept for 24 plus hours.  The next day, shoe less, went to what we called "Joseph's Cave" back in those days.  I dived off, hurt my hip in the fall & walked around shoe less for several days until I took one of those (back in those days) horrid van trips to Sav. I bought some cheap BATA shoes & had my mother mail me decent shoes that didn't arrive until one year later!  My hip didn't heal until about three months later. I literally limped around with a stick/type of walker for months.  Everyone send out a prayer for this young man and his family.  It is also like HELL for the family to bring their loved ones deceased son back to their county as far as expensive-wise.   This is a truly sad story  ;

RE: medical services for the dead diver - suzengrace - 05-30-2014

I feel for the this poor mans family..having their young son taken away and then having to deal with the hell bringing his body back...Its alot $$$ and alot of red tape b.s. 

We've all done foolish things at 26 or even alot older...even if he was a very skilled diver -bad things happen and he could have still suffered from this incident- it is cruel and unfair to make assumptions and bad-mouth him..

Jam is a 3rd world country with the lack of resources that tourists need to be aware when visting places like Jam...that if indeed a tragedy happens dont expect the same response you'd get in the states,etc..You are taking a bigger risk with your health and life when you visit a 3rd world country like jam as opposed to being in the states...
Which really irks me when other websites ,etc try to whitewash this fact with -There's and ambulance, theres a hospital 30min way (if you want call sav a hospital),theres medical drs in town, its all irie... They dont give you "fine print details" about these services and places (ie more accurate desription-..Instead they give you first vague info...

I;m shocked that a place like Ricks doesnt have the basic proper life saving equipment and that its not monitored to make sure it has adequate supplies....No excuse for that.. empty o2 tank ??!!!

My condolences to the family and friends.....

RE: medical services for the dead diver - Chickster - 05-30-2014

I don't know if this has anything to do with the reason there was no Ambulance available that day but while on a day trip during the last week of April we had seen an Ambulance flipped over on its side on the sidewalk inches from a store front. it was a total right-off. I wonder if they ever replaced it?
My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

RE: medical services for the dead diver - Kandm - 05-30-2014

Sophie, those were my EXACT feelings after reading some of the responses over there! Will never be able to wrap my head around someone who feels the need to place blame when reading/hearing about another persons tragedy. I cant even fathom the horror that his poor family is going through at this time. Blessings to them all

RE: medical services for the dead diver - Coconut - 05-30-2014

Makes me so, so sad. I am conflicted whether the "divers" at Rick's should even be doing it. It's funny, just last week I saw a YouTube video of kids up at the lighthouse. People were video taping them, as the sea was quite rough that day. It almost seemed as though if they were paid enough they would have jumped.

As for the other board, hate it with a passion. Wouldn't even click it to give it the "hit". What I do feel is, we know it happened, discourse is SO good but for the sake of the family and friends - MODERATE! You "moderate" everything else, take down rude and stupid comments. Don't leave something up that is controversial for "hits". If your little business is floundering that much that you leave that kind of crass comment up so people come and look - I hope your little website goes right in the toilet. Let us focus on a solution.

I love this cheery yellow board! Perks me right up! Smile