The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Pushed the button for number 24 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pushed the button for number 24 (/showthread.php?tid=100243)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - Pineapple - 05-02-2014

OT --- My "travel agent" is our gal Sophie!  Smokey and I are just along for the ride.

Think we are going to stay at Merril's II.  Negril One Stop has a deal for AI buy one day at full price get next at half.  My 12 night stay could be under $1000.

It's  been over a year since I've been back (that's a really long break for me).  At first I was resisting Sophie's suggestion.  "It only took me two days last trip to be DONE - I don't know if I want to go through that again."  But we talked about it and decided we were going as tourists.   We don't even care if we go off the "compound".  We've -- been there, done that -- we've paid our dues.  We are going to sit by the ocean and enjoy.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - MoFromMonroe - 05-02-2014

Just came back on Monday and we're already booked for Nov/Dec. through One Stop of course. Love those folks. They just make it easier and have some great deals. We strayed only once after finding Negril to Mexico and my husband said he will never do that again.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - Angel - 05-02-2014

Good for you Pineapple. I enjoy hearing about your adventures with Sophie, Smokey and Richie. Hope you have a wonderful relaxing trip. And hope the jetskis are not around or anything or anyone disturbing.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - Sophie - 05-02-2014

I though maybe we were done but I just can't find they exact set of factors or the price that we can get in Negril. The only reason I want to go on vaca is for the clear shallow water, white sand and the heat. We have friends that went to one of the national parks,,, hiked trails, saw mountains.... that is wonderful for THEM---me?? I could give a flying crap about mountains, to me they are just piles of dirt and rock that I would have to drive over to get to a beach-lol Other folks like cruising, they like to dress for dinner, eat, drink, gamble. That is wonderful for THEM, me? I consider "dressing for dinner" putting on a cover-up and flip flops. So you see, as much as MANY things piss me off about Negril it comes down to the fact that Negril fits us and we fit Negril. I just have to have some long chats with myself about not allowing people to get under my skin. I am going to take many people's suggestions and slap on headphones so I can take my morning beach walks in peace. I simply want to stroll along and not speak to one single person. I don't need or want to speak to ANYONE while I meander along........the voices in my head are plenty of company-LOL I guess I am just an odd duck, I DO NOT find the attention flattering,,,,,, I find it to be pitiful, pathetic and insulting.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - Angel - 05-02-2014

Sophie I like walking and not being bothered too. I have headphones and enjoy listening to my music. Just ignoring anybody and walking. If someone stops you just tell them you need to keep walking. I don't like to be on the beach and have someone bothering me. So hope you all enjoy your trip.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - Pineapple - 05-02-2014

Angel, there will be no Richie anymore.  He has been kicked to the curb.  

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - wendy - 05-02-2014

what a chuckle....been kicked to the curb hahahahahahaha
Please go with a no care attitude, so what if someone chats ya up, so what if they beggy beggy, so what if your food comes late, so what gigs and hookers....
for me, i have lived a life beyond the thoughts of what i thought it would actually be, ive sold material things, dont give a damn if my house is cleaned, ya...someone put a finger print on my nice cleaned window...whatever...
i cant change another country, and i dont want to....
i dance like no ones watching....
GO...dont let the small stuff get to you...enjoy life....laugh....drink....eat...walk the beach with NO headphones...take time out to chat with the people as you are in no hurry to get anywhere except a few steps to chat with the next one Smile......
most of all ENJOY to the MAX and give thanks !

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - rastagirl777 - 05-02-2014

Would you guys ever consider staying on the cliffs?  It seems what most bothers both of you is the incessant "gimme" that goes on on the beach - doesn't happen nearly as much on the cliffs.

Just a thought.  As far as being "tourists" - had to laugh at myself because even though I'm in the thick of it when I'm there I put on my "tourist" hat as often as I can and that usually involves sitting by the sea in my yard with several books.

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - Sophie - 05-02-2014

Wendy~~ I want to have your disposition when I grow upSmileSmile You are a lovely, nice easy going person.

I, on the other hand am not. Now--- I LOVE to chat with vendors. I have a whole string of them up and down the beach that I enjoy seeing and chatting with. I have no problem with folks who are out to earn a living. We always spend a nice amount of time flopped down at Lindsey's catching up with him and chatting with all of the vendors there. It's the idiots that piss me off,,,,, and there are plenty of them. Even the folks that I like I don't want to chat with on my morning walk, that is MY time. I like to spend that time in my head, just pondering. Observing the beauty of the sea and giving thanks for the fact that I am allowed once again to gaze upon it. I ain't about spending my first waking hours dealing with crack heads and the sex trade~~ jesus- I need to be fully awake to be ready for alla that sh*t. But I am listening to you Wendy and I know what you mean. I promise I will try to let crap roll off of my back mommy-lol    But I'm warning you--- if that damn mushroom man starts his sh*t with me again all bets are off- LOLOLOLOL

RE: Pushed the button for number 24 - MoFromMonroe - 05-02-2014

Although I was there with my husband a girlfriend and I walked every morning at 7AM. We stayed at Coco and walked up to Cosmos every morning. Nobody approached us. A few times we got a hello from someone raking the beach but that was it. It was nice. I always get a different vibe when walking the other way and won't do it without my husband. Don't like hands all over me. I have cursed a few to get their f##ing hands off me.