The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) (/showthread.php?tid=67035)

Pages: 1 2

Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - Miss+Muffett - 06-26-2013

I am planning a vacation to Negril next year and I am an in depth investigator I guess you can say where I like to find all the cool hidden gems and the best places to eat, off the beaten path adventures etc.. whenever I go to visit a new Place to make sure I get the best experience when I travel. That being said I have not traveled a lot except on a cruise to Ensenada once. I live in Los Angeles but closer to calabasas and Malibu. I was wondering since all of you for the most part have been to Negril can give me some advice pointers and any other info would be greatly appreciated. I will try and sum myself up. I will be traveling with my fiance and a few friends. I am pretty shy so I won't handle the constant harassing as good as some people because I am a push over at times lol! My mother has never traveled anywhere ( she has a fear of danger of traveling abroad) In fact won't really even visit me here because she has to rive through Downtown LA. That being said that's where i get my fears from so I am scared of traveling to Negril but at the same time the beauty and all the great things I have heard has given me the courage to plan a trip there. I anted Negril because it is said to be alot more safe than MB or Ocho Rios etc I like the idea of the all inclusive only for more safety reasons but I do want to see what Negril has to offer outside of the all inclusive such as the best hidden gem places to eat activities and so forth. I did some research and found I would stay at Couples Swept away, the Rockhouse, catch a falling star and the caves and possibly sea star would be my options as far I know! So if you guys have any ideas suggestions etc etc I am all ears! We are 28 years old and I am the only scared high strung person in my group lol! You all seem to have been there a lot and made lots of friendships that I wish to have as well so any advice would be so great! Thanks so much and lookingg forward to everyone's opinions and suggestions

Re: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - Angel - 06-26-2013

Welcome Miss Muffett well have not stayed at any place you've named. But book pack and go have a wonderful time. You will not be alone. Try to get a night flight you will arrive early afternoon so you can get settled in. Also depending when you want to go it may be high season so will be more people and more expensive. Think you will enjoy yourself.

Re: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - rootswoman - 06-27-2013

Welcome to the board Miss Muffett.
We are a very diverse group here.

I think you have chosen a nice list of properties - Like Angel, i haven't stayed at any of those places but I think your gang would do well at any of them. Sea star would not be my choice over those other resorts as I would prefer to be on the water. Rock house is beautiful, I have eaten at their restaurant a few times. It is very nice.

If you do decide to try a non all inclusive, My favorite boutique hotel is Idle Awhile. I also love the Charela inn - not as much for their rooms (although the newer rooms are nice) but for their beach and location. They are smack in the middle of the seven mile beach and there are lots of palm trees to gather under. They do an all inclusive but I would opt for breakfast only and that would give you all a chance to try out other local restaurants and bars or eat there. There are a lot of places in walking distance to try. The security at both of those properties is very good. If they see anyone being bothered by beach higglers they immediately put a stop it .

Good luck planning your trip - it sounds like great fun!

Re: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - Angel - 06-28-2013

If you don't want too many people maybe don't go in high season or a Jamaican holiday. You should be fine in Negril with friends and your fiancé. Decide if you want beach or cliffs and go for it. And yes from West Coast flying out at night is a plus. My first trip was leaving early morning arriving in Jamaica after dark not for me.

Re: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - wit - 06-28-2013

Welcome Miss Muffett

Re: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - rootswoman - 06-28-2013

Idle Awhile is small and fills up quick -Many people reserve their rooms for the following year when they leave
If you want to go there and you have seen a good deal, i would personally jump on it asap.

Re: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - kylake - 06-28-2013

Muffett, regardless of where you stay do the One Love Bus Crawl. It is fun and safe. Lenbert picks you up at your hotel and drops you back off at the hotel. No charge but please tip generously. The trip goes down to the West End and makes several stops along the way and ends/returns you shortly after sunset.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147313-d2626921-Reviews-One_Love_Bus_Bar_Crawl-Negril_Westmoreland_Parish_Jamaica.html

Re: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - suzengrace - 06-28-2013

Welcome Ms Muffett-

I live here in OC-so were kind of neighbors.... If you can do overnite flight i suggest it- US air usually has overbite, but their prices have been quite high lately -check out united and america too...

I think you should break up you trip-half time in TB and half in negril on the cliffs-catcha, rock house, all lovely places rigth ON the cliffs...It would give you chance to see more of Jam as well...

I dont go to Negril as i once did -so am not really up to date on info as far places as much as others are here...

I personally im not a beach person- too many people for me,though i do love to come over from the cliffs and hang out and watch for a few hours-then i like to go back to cliffs where things are bit quieter...

Re: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - gerryg123 - 06-30-2013

I'm a Valley guy, too -- we live pretty close. Most of the peeps in Jamaica are very nice and friendly. You're going to have a great time. Go with the All-inclusive, combined with venturing out as you continue to feel more comfortable. At 28, you will LOVE Negril.

Don't do a little boutique hotel nor venture to a small town to stay. Negril is perfect, especially for newbies. I have been many times and started with the AIs before "graduating" to the CLiffs, lol.

You will fall in love with Negril. It can be as private as you want it to be.

Re: Hi everyone I'm new here!! Need info :) - Jenny - 07-02-2013

Hello Miss Muffett! You will get a lot of your questions answered here. You may already have gleaned this from reading the comments here or from some of your previous research, but Negril offers two very different "vibes," each of which are excellent, depending on your particular preference. The Seven Mile Beach is beautiful, gorgeous, hip & fun, like no other!! It can be very busy during the daytime, but early morning walks you'll have quite a bit of it to yourself! (You may want to walk with another person to ensure your safety, as with many other places in the world, however.) If you like to sand & sun it, then this beach is for you! However, if you seek more privacy, quietness & perhaps a bit of snorkeling directly in front of where you're staying (like I do), then the cliffs might be more what you're after. Whereas on the beach, people are walking all up & down in front of you, on the cliffs, that is not possible due to the geography there. I'm not a real "sand-lover," but prefer to be able to go snorkeling & leave my insulin pump & glucometer nearby in my room. When I get up in the morning, nothing pleases me more than to go to the cliff wall with my cup of hot tea, just sit there & gaze at the sea & watch the birds come to land on the sea grape trees nearby! To me....this is total HEAVEN. You will not have people walking by trying to sell you something if you stay on the cliffs, although that might happen once you get out on the road walking somewhere. There are many great local restaurants both on the beach & the cliffs.

I really LOVE the Treasure Beach area! The drivers drive much more slowly there & the pace of life is just better, IMHO. My mom said that she thinks that's because everyone knows everyone else there. The sea is different down there, I thought, and there are fewer snorkeling places.

What do you specifically enjoy doing on your vacation?