The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! (/showthread.php?tid=65501)

Pages: 1 2

Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - medi - 04-18-2013

Heck with the usual warnings some countries have not to drink the water (and since where I have been staying has been getting water from a truck, I have been buying my drinking water or going to a friends to fill up jugs to drink with)....

Now it's don't use the toilet paper????

Because now there are some local Jamaica brands of toilet paper that have been giving women gynecological infections..and true to form, the Jamaican govt/authorities/powers that be have decided to NOT RELEASE THE NAMES OF THE BRANDS!..but don't worry, even though they haven't been giving out a number to call publicly, if you do get ahold of the number anyway and call, they will tell you if your brand is the one in question or not..

But they won't let the public or the media know which they are!

Here is an article about it:

"Toilet tissue anxiety
BSJ yet to name brands which pose health risk
Tuesday, April 16, 2013

ANXIOUS Jamaicans yesterday flooded the telephone lines of the Bureau of Standards Jamaica (BSJ) to find out whether the toilet tissue they are using were among those that have been recently found to pose a health risk.
"A number of persons have been calling pretty much to find out if the tissue they are using are the right type," said a worker from the agency.
Consumers of the products — both locally and internationally manufactured — were asked yesterday to contact the bureau after it revealed that four brands of tissue have been found to contain high levels of bacteria.
However, checks made by the Jamaica Observer to ascertain the names of the tissue that were taken off the market as well as the possible effect on persons who use them were unsuccessful.
"The Bureau of Standards Jamaica is at this time maintaining that the names of the brands of toilet paper will not be released until the comparative tests being undertaken overseas are completed. The BSJ has indicated that as soon as these results become available the BSJ will further advise the public," said public education and information co-ordinator Ellis James Laing.
In addition, he said the BSJ had detained the affected brands of toilet tissue either at the ports of entry or at the manufacturer's facility, and has withdrawn those in the marketplace.
The defective tissue were ordered to be removed from shelves after a test done by the BSJ sparked by an article in the local newspaper relating to the importation of substandard toilet tissue.
A total of 10 shipments have since been detained, of which three tested positive for high bacterial load which will result in the importer being asked to either re-export or destroy the product.
"Preliminary tests done indicated high levels of bacteria among some samples. High bacteria load is indicative of poor manufacturing practices which could pose a risk to health and safety," a BSJ release said last week.
In the meantime, the bureau said that it has since intensified its inspection and testing regimes, not only on imported toilet tissue and hand towels but on those that are locally made.
The bureau said, too, that the Ministry of Health had increased its surveillance of local manufacturers of toilet tissue and paper hand towels to ensure compliance with good manufacturing practices.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Toilet-tissue-anxiety_14076172#ixzz2Qq4fc09N

I am trying to find the tvj newscast that features the brands that were "safe" but can't yet, however as soon as I do so will post those here..this has been an ongoing story in Jamaica on the news for the past few days, and it is pretty upsetting to women I have seen interviewed for the story to know that their govt cares more about the businesses involved than their citizens health..

Re: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - rootswoman - 04-18-2013

OMG!

Not releasing the brand name is criminal!

greed greed and more greed - WTF!

Re: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - Aunt+Nancy - 04-18-2013

They did release a "safe" list.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/bsj-gives-list-of--safe--tissues

Re: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - oldtimer - 04-18-2013

The toilet paper probably comes from a country that doesn't use toilet paper.

Re: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - Sophie - 04-18-2013

REALLY? I mean REALLY? Can this freakin' day get any better? Storms last night- the kind of rain where it seems as if the house will fall in under the assault of it. Basement flooded, moving furniture at 2:30 this morning. Dog scared of storms so not much sleep for me with her fat a$$ laying on top of me panting and drooling from fear(I was getting seasick from the motion). Still not packed or done with laundry(have to slush through water to get to laundry). Smokey will spend all evening sucking what water he can out of basement. And now I have to worry about my nether regions being violated by contaminated toilet paper?

Humph! Approximately 26 hours and I will be out of this hell hole, if the toilet paper doesn't kill me I'm sure the mold that will grow while we are gone will finish me off. Bring it on you germy bast**ds!!!!! Neither toilet paper nor flood(hell, throw in a horde of locusts) shall ruin our vacation!!

Re: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - wandabeinja - 04-18-2013

WOW!! Just when you think you've heard it all........

Re: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - booger - 04-18-2013

In my experience most places have John Wayne paper, so bringing your own now looks even better. Charmin looks safe by the way.....

Re: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - rootswoman - 04-18-2013

Too funny!

Sophie B.Y.O.T.P.

This too shall pass.

Re: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - Sophie - 04-18-2013

rootswoman- the funny thing is we were just saying the other day that when we make our first trip to Value Master that we were gonna get a four pack and hide it away for those "middle of the night emergencies". I will make sure to get one of the "approved" brands. This does lead me to wonder why Smokey can't ever run out of t.p. in the daytime?? Does he only poop after midnight? Hmmm, the mysteries of life.

AND---- the part that is kind of grossing me out is that Smokey blows his nose with t.p.~~~ geez-- what's worse- funky t.p. on your bits and pieces or on your nose which is in very close proximity to your MOUTH---ewwwwwwwwww!!!

Re: Dangerous Toilet Paper in Jamaica! - Angel - 04-18-2013

Well Sophie bandanas come in handy too. Running out of TP at night hehe been there.